Saturday, 19 June 2010

I told you so!

You really would think I would learn not to be quite so silly wouldn't you! Remember the stalker issue a few months back.....ugh, beat me over the head with a wet kipper will you please someone!

What have I done this time you might ask. Well the guy concerned backed off after some very tough talking and to cut a long-ish story short, behaved impeccably from that point on, so me being me, I eventually agreed to meet up with him last week.

I know, I know.

I had many discussions with a close male friend who was of the opinion that leopards don't change their spots etc. but ultimately I decided I should give the guy concerned a second chance given his apparently changed attitude and the fact that I knew he had sought counselling for his issues in that area.

Anyway, we met last Saturday, by my decision in the middle of town on carnival day so there were lots of people around and to be honest he wasn't scary, he was actually quite a nice guy (judgement fail!), we got on easily and it even had it's amusing aspect in that I am 5' and he is 6'8"!! We spent the afternoon talking comfortably and then went our separate ways.... but it was apparent at that point he was more keen than I.

I gave it some thought but decided within a day or two that despite his not being as I had expected, I was still wary of him and so tactfully told him that I didn't wish to take it any further.

You know what happened next of course don't you!

He reverted to type instantly and kicked off with a tirade of abuse (text only) that would curl the toes of the most hardy veteran of unpleasant behaviour. I asserted my point and then ignored him. Eventually he apologised and has since only contacted me very occasionally on day to day stuff. I am treading carefully and rarely responding....which I will tail off to never responding in the hope that it becomes history.... but I feel I have been vindicated, my initial gut feeling was right but I should have learned my lesson and not been drawn in again to give him another chance!

I don't need it, if he can revert that quickly it's more than concerning.

Oh....and the friend who mentioned 'leopards and spots' has refrained thus far from saying 'I told you so', more than once! God love him! ;)

6 Comments:

delcatto said...

Sever all contact with this guy. Usually I am not so blunt* in giving advice but you're friend is right. Leopards rarely change their spots.


*Typical Libran...I usually see all points of view.

delcatto said...

Bugger, typo error...'your friend'.

Jennytc said...

Ditto the above!

Mr. Nighttime said...

Sadly, he probably saw what he viewed as a light at the end of the tunnel for himself.

As others have said, cast him adrift. There's really no other course of action.

vincenthawkins said...

stick with your initial instincts Gemmak next time .. they are messengers !! how many more times !!!

Unknown said...

You need to take on board the fact that some of us have our brains wired in a different manner to the majority. However, this guy is, from your reports so twisted that there can be no future in any form of relationship.