Tuesday, 1 September 2009

One hundred things

Having realised it's over two years since I last updated this, I considered it was about time I made an effort!

1. I was born on the 13th...... kinda says it all!

2. I detest dishonesty.

3. I don't have children.

4. I used to be a competetive gymnast.

5. I'm passionate about London.

6. I'm 5' tall......or short!

7. I consider chocolate a food group.

8. I miss my cats.

9. What did I want to be when I grew up? A cop.

10. Football bores me rigid.

11.
I have moved house 8 times in 10 years.

12. Coffee is imperative in my life!

13. but never instant!

14. I have ridden a motor bike way too fast, way too often.

15. I adore all animals.

16. but I'm terrified of spiders.

17. I have a loud voice for a small person!

18. I'm impulsive....or stupid, I'm still working on that one.

19. I once had to photograph someone famous... and ran out of film!

20. I adore the sea.

21. I can 'talk the hind legs off a donkey'.

22. I'm 'gobsmacked' when I meet someone famous.

23. My favourite colour is pink.

24. I'm a dress size 8....but I wouldn't dream of wearing a dress except under extreme duress!

25. I love extreme weather.

26. Dentists scare the crap out of me!.

26. I'm over-sensitive.....and I wish I wasn't.

27. Money isn't very important to me, luckily!

28. I don't hold grudges.

29. I'm not impressed by wealth/power/status etc.

30. I'm agnostic.

31. I have made a lot of mistakes in my life......but rarely seem to have learnt from them.

32. I follow my heart not my head.

33. I'm sentimental.

34. My perfect job would be in a field where economic gain was not the #1 priority.

35. I love Cornwall and The Alps.

36. I would like to be 35!

37. My dad is my hero...yes, a bit Freudian I know.

38. I smoke........please don't nag!

39. My favourite foods are green olives, fresh Parmesan, Walkers smokey bacon crisps and chocolate.

40. I love snow, the more the better.

41. I wish I had gone on to university.

42. I weigh 7.5 stone.

43. I knew Harold Shipman professionally

44. I wish I understood stuff.

45. I love flying.

46. I'm a gadget freak, when I can afford to be.

47. I've been veggie most of my life.

49. I'm gradually learning to be 'tall'.

50. I would like to be well read but I'm not.

51. I would like to understand politics but I don't.

52. My life tends to be an open book.

53. I have been married and divorced twice, not my proudest moment. (s).

54. I don't like shopping, yes, really.

55. I have never done drugs.

56. I consider my Internet friends real friends.

57. I have size 2 feet.

58. I always try to keep everyone happy.....but usually fail dismally.

59. I have never been arrested.

60. I believe we are all a product of our life experience and consequently there are very few truly evil people.

61. I passed my driving test 1st time.

63. I wear my heart on my sleeve...but I'm beginning to think that's a bad idea.

64.
Despite years on a motorbike I have only ever had one speeding ticket...in a car at 41mph!

65. I owe my life as I know it to Mary (she knows who she is).

66. Peculiarly.... I still believe In marriage.

67. ....and true love, though it's getting harder.

68. I hate cruelty.

69. Money is the root of all evil, closely followed by religion.

70. I barely watch TV.

71. I have been caught up in two terroroist (I.R.A.) bombings.

72. I slept on the pavement under Big Ben the night before Princess Diana's funeral.

73. Embarrassingly my father had to set up my first computer.

74. My favourite film is Last of the Mohicans.

75. I think too much.

76. I'm impatient.

77. I want to travel the world, preferably on a motorbike.

78. I have an absolute passion for diamonds.

79. but I'm not very materialistic otherwise.

80. Because I'm always asked.... the real 'gemmak' was my first cat. She lived to be 19 and was beautiful.

81. I miss my grandmother.

82. I aggravate others by driving slowly on small roads for fear of hitting an animal!

83. I'm very squeamish.

84. I love people watching.

85. I would like to be top at something.

86. I don't do cooking.

87. I hope I have integrity.

88. I don't do the lottery because I don't want to win it (see #69)

89. I love art galleries and museums.

90. I'm fiercly loyal.

91. I have been tee total since age 20....but I'm learning not to be!

92. I want to give up smoking but doubt I ever will.

93. I wish clothing designers would accept we are not all tall.

94. I always back the underdog.

95. I don't suffer fools gladly.

96.
My pet hate is discrimination...in any form.

97. I can still do the splits.

98. I am obsessive.

99. I can do big decisions but struggle with the little ones.

100. I'm hard to offend but easy to hurt.

12 Comments:

Mr. Nighttime said...

You forgot one small detail.....you look good in leather..especially from the rear...... ;-)

delcatto said...

Size 2 feet...I'm astonished. Without wishing to offend you, you sound 'dainty'. I'll duck now as you throw something...

Lisa said...

You've heard of those people who keep wearing shoes too small so their feet will stay really tiny? (nods)

lom said...

You are a tiny little bit!

Sage said...

I can sympathise with #100 but admire your spirit and fortitude given your experiences this year... heres to you kid...lol

delcatto said...

You could combine # 20 & 25 by moving near the sea and watching the waves during storms. We do that along the east coast. I saw a spectacular water spout moving down the river Humber several years ago.
For # 34 maybe you should come into nursing...

delcatto said...

It's hard to type whilst a large stripey moggie is clambering all over the keyboard.

Daisy said...

Gemma was a beauty! I love calico cats.

I am embarrassed to say my Mommeh wears size NINE shoes! But she is 5'9", so I guess she needs giant feet to balance on.

ps: thanks for visiting my webcam!

Anonymous said...

Definitely had to comment on the point about Gemmak. She looked beautiful on those photo's - and like a real sweetie too but with a mad sense of humour - a bit like her owner? Am I right?

gemmak said...

Lady Banana: I don't! Trying to find shoes is a disaster, 'Next' occasionally, otherwise mostly kids shoes :o( Some of the high end places do them but I can't afford those.

Re the 100 things....course you can!!! :o) Go on, give it a go!!

Anonymous said...

the splits? well done!

P said...

A competitive gymnast, eh? That's impressive. I love these random fact lists, you just find out so many . . . um, random facts!!! ;)