Hmmmmm, well in this case, after weeks (or maybe months, I have lost track) of fiddling and faffing with them and hauling the whole thing from one place to another in my mothers efforts to find the 'perfect' growing spot, today I was gleefully informed I could dig up our prize crop, this was the result....

Just four of the ruddy things (yes, one is hiding in the background) and believe me, they are way smaller in real life than this picture suggests!
In fact, would think they may well qualify as some of the most expensive taters in history given the time and cost put into achieving this meagre show!


4 Comments:
Maybe you can maker tater tots out of them!
I got some last year with the seed pots and of course pulled them up way too soon so only got tiddlers. I got some again this year but a bit late so they haven't poked their heads up yet!!
Four potatoes from one plant isn't so bad in a small container. I planted 5 plants in a raised bed last year and got enough potatoes for one large dinner. Homegrown taste better but they're not worth the time and space they take up in my garden.
Never heard of that. Very cool!
Post a Comment