In actual fact it's not quite as serious as it might appear, we have a pretty funky flood control system going on in this little part of the world and when the water levels get too high all the fields are purposely flooded to save the nearby towns suffering. It is controlled to within an inch or two by a complex system of sluice gates and other paraphernalia that I have absolutely no understanding of! It works though, the water gets to within inches of us a few times a year and is then backed off. Pretty amazing stuff.
....and though I don't like to blow my own trumpet too much, I can't help but show off just a little that some of these pictures made it onto the local BBC website yesterday! Hey, it might not be Getty Images but beggars can't be choosers and all that! :o)





(Clickable)


11 Comments:
wow look at all that muddy water.
Bring back the snow thats what i say. I just bought a sledge too.
Amazing images, not seen much of this in the news.
One of your's is the first image to pop up on the BBC website :-)
cool pics and congrats on the bbc exposure... can we request autographs now :-)
First snow then rain what are they going to chuck at us next eh,,,,
Nice pictures by the way
laters
Nicey
Awesome photos and congrats on getting them on Auntie! If they (whoever "they" may be, lol!) can organise such good flood control in your area I wonder why it can't be done in other flood-prone places so that people don't have their houses and possessions ruined and have to live in caravans for 18+ months.
I've been doing a bit of catch-up reading and really feel for you on the benefits grilling. I went through much the same when I applied for incapacity benefit. Fortunately I'm now officially an OAP but I still seethe when I hear people say that people on benefits are all scum and scroungers. Okay, there may be a few, but the vast majority are not, right? Right!
Do tell your story about Facebook. I've recently joined and lots of the cat mums, at least one cat dad (Mo) and food ladies are on there. Should we be worried? :) xxx
Great shots sweetie! Kudos for You!!hughugs
Hi, nice pics! Beware of more snow! It's snowing hard here in Leicestershire!
Those are fantastic shots; glad you got them in print.
It makes it kind of scarey to believe in that theory... "you best be careful what you wish for..."
Happy waterways to you.
I am glad that your home is not flooded. I think it's awesome that your photos were picked up!
...beautiful photos as always...
~S
Post a Comment