Friday, 23 January 2009

A few hectic days!

You know how everything seems to happen at once, for weeks you have nothing much to do and then suddenly, out of the blue come a list of things that need doing at once...the next few days in gemmak's-ville is one of those times!

Tonight, in theory at least (I'll come to that later) we are off down to the South coast to spend the weekend at Fletch's parents doing the 40th birthday celebrations family style. It should be good, it always is, fun, laughter, good food, good company and the sea, even in winter I love the beach.

However, you might recall that Christmas became somewhat hectic when unfortunately one of Fletch's close relatives became very ill....sadly she died last week and the funeral is to be held on this coming Tuesday, which means a trip up to Yorkshire and possibly some taxi-ing of relatives.

As a result I have no idea where or when I will be, the next few days will probably be spend mainly on the road again, covering distances from Cambridge to the south coast, to Yorkshire, to the south coast, to Cambridge....and that's where I said earlier 'in theory' because as sods law would dictate, Fletch's company car, late last night, presented a 'fatal flaw' message regarding it's road holding capabilities flashing manically from it's warning systems......wouldn't you know it! Fantastic timing Mr Toyota!

It is thus that today himself is 'working from home' (wink) while frantic efforts are made to get the local dealership to at least make the problem safe, the alternative is to take my little crap car, the prospect of which is not a good one when faced with the probablilty of over 1000 miles and the likelihood of us never actually making it to the funeral.... and instead finding ourselves on the back of a rescue truck!

Happy weekend guys! I'm packing for the long haul, I'll be here when I can make it and in the meantime I'll doubtless be Twittering!

7 Comments:

Sage said...

Have a great weekend and wish Fletch a Happy Birthday.. South coast with storms perfect combination as I love walking in the windy weather...

Best wishes for the funeral next week, will be thinking of you, fletch and the car...

Anonymous said...

Snow. There may be snow. Take care, stay warm, enjoy the trip(s)

Nicey said...

Sounds like a busy weekend, still make a few hours for yourself hun,
Laters
Nicey

Kitty said...

Blimey, I feel knackered just reading about it, let alone actually doing it. Hope it all goes ok for you both. x

Ndinombethe said...

Hope it works out!

Daisy said...

I'm sorry Fletch's relative passed away. Safe travels to you!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear your bad news :o( Hope the travelling goes well and you get Fletch's car sorted out.