But the saga continued. Orange (and their heavies) wanted hard copy but as a small act of defiance I refused to send it on the grounds that none of my real or significant creditors had required it and that the law doesn't require that I provide it either, only the details of the court and case number etc.
Not put off they continued to hound me two or three times a day, including Christmas eve and boxing day, I reminded them that to hassle me 'post bankruptcy' is contrary to the bankruptcy laws, but still they continued, so finally I just stopped answering their calls.
Next, given a few weeks to calm down I decided that to capitulate was probably the sensible way to resolve the situation....and sent them hard copy, with a covering letter expressing my feelings regarding their behaviour and requesting confirmation in writing that the matter was now closed.
No response! Well actually there was a response....a company of bailiffs contacted me....may I remind you this is all over just £30! They however acted within the law and once I had given them the bankruptcy case details they backed off, almost as confounded as me by Orange's actions.
Enough already! With my hackles raised once more I contacted Orange's bully boy company again.....and it will come as no surprise to you to discover they deny ever having received the hard copy! Any degree of patience I had retained was lost at this point and whilst I stuck to the basic rules of remaining polite and calm I 'let them have it with both barrels' so to speak and then requested that a manager call me back, pronto.
She did, though of course not pronto, and finally, much haggling later, she agreed to accept hard copy by fax. Easy?Of course not, their fax machine was buggered and my 'manager' didn't have access to the office to deal with it! Jeez!
I suggested I email a copy, this was met with some degree of confusion because she was concerned it would arrive in a format she couldn't open!!!! I promised it in a common format and she eventually gave me an email address....which didn't work either and bounced back at me countless times!
I called her again, each call I might add involves all the usual phone menu frustrations and then the inevitable, "she's on another call, I'll get her to call you back"
This time success...... Of a sort......at least my mail didn't bounce back but I can only assume it arrived because thus far, which is three days later, I still don't have any confirmation! In fact I have had no contact at all, so my assumption is, that as they appear to have got off my bloody phone line on a thrice daily basis, something must have worked and got throught to them at last!
You will understand though why I am more than a little sceptical and why I still anticipate having to deal with the bailiffs at my door.
This is outrageous behaviour from a national company. Firstly it's appalling that these companies employ debt collecting factors that they are very well aware operate outside the law. Secondly, every aspect of their administration systems appear to fall down spectacularly, which from a company in a hi-tech business isn't very impressive, thirdly, do they really think anyone goes through the nightmare of personal bankruptcy without familiarising themselves with the legislation and rights, fourthly I am sick of being blatantly lied to by fuckwits who assume I don't know the law, and consequently they can do as they please and finally....can anyone really believe they have spent so much time and money chasing a disputed debt of only £30 from a bankrupt that they know ultimately they can't collect from!!! It's no bloody wonder the country is in the state it is right now!
They now have one more item of hard copy, a letter stating my dissatisfaction in a very specific manner and a promise that should this continue any further I will go to law to stop them, if only on principle.
I can deal with these situations without too much bother, albeit a lot of stress, I'm not easily intimidated and I know my way around but Lord help anyone who is less able, it horrifies me to think just what these companies might inflict on some!
ORANGE....the future is bright, the staff are not!
Oh, and the bully boys if you are interested....Buchanan Clark and Wells a subsidiary of The BCW group, who interestingly seem to have a lot of negative google returns!


4 Comments:
Bloody Hell Jane, what a total shambles, ye wonder where the brains of that outfit are ?? You 'Go' girl that's what they need a pole up their jacksy! That a company these days can behave in such a way is deplorable... and what a lot of nonsense over such a paltry sum, as you say - Lord help anyone who is less able to cope with this type of behaviour!
It's an absolute disgrace, but I am wondering where the checks on these companies are. Surely there should be some body they are answerable to when they so blatantly step outside the law. It seems that these days, increasingly, might it right.
Oy, what a bunch of twats!
If they start pestering you again I'd start recording their phonecalls (legally, by telling them that you're recording) and then see if you have a case for harassment against them, to claim compensation for mental distress >=)
Kate: There is no brains! :o/
Jenny: The number of problems listed on t'internet regarding Buchanan, Clark is astounding, it's an odd world where that apparently goes un punished! :o(
Kitty: I suspect if I record the calls they would 'change their tune'...they know they operate poor practice at the very least and they are smart enough to know that! One way or another I will deal with them tho. It might be quite amusing just to hear the response if I gave them the 'this call is being recored' speech at the beginning of the call tho like they do! ;o)
Post a Comment