I am still stunned! The car God's must have been smiling on me!
I had gone in there very well aware that should it fail on what I suspected it would then this was probably the end of the road (pardon the pun) for it, given that my
This was not going to be a happy moment and nor was it going to assist the employment search. As it was it turned into one of those ridiculously elated moments and I suspect that the guy testing it was a little taken aback by my reaction to the news, which I have to confess involved some degree of jumping up and down!Yes, it does still need a fair number of repairs, the cost of which is way beyond me right now but none of them were severe enough to cause a fail and all of them can wait a little longer for the necessary attention. I might add that this is not new where this car is concerned, I bought it new and almost from the day the warranty expired it began to fall apart, I have never had so much trouble with a car in my life, I think I have replaced almost every part over the last few years...some of them twice and most of it documented here over the years!
It may be a crap car, it may be 'getting on a bit', slow, boring and most other things one doesn't normally want in a car but to me it's pretty important, it's gets me from A to B, it's about the only possession I haven't lost over the last few years having fought the bankruptcy courts hard to keep it, it feels somehow like my last bit of independence and it's mine and the only one I've got!
Today I love my crap car! :o)
Incidentally, if you haven't read 'A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian' you should, it's without doubt the best book I ever read and utterly hilarious in a strange way.


5 Comments:
so when it lets you down again in some new and previously unexplored spectacular fashion, remember this post!!
belle
Belle: Indeed :o) Yesterday it redeemed itself of a great deal of it's previous carrying-ons! :o)
I can see the main problem from here. The steering wheel is on the wrong side.
OOOOOOOOOOOoooooo "Short History" was one of the best accidental book finds I ever had. I bought it in Tescos for about 3.50 because it had some sticker on it saying it was Orange Book Club book of the year and previous winners had been really good. I was about to spend 4 hours flying (with the aid of an aeroplane, not under my own superpower - just to make that clear) and I thought "that'll be handy for the flight". What an excellent book it was; some of the best characterisations in it - so funny.
And yes "crap car" makes a lot of sense although I think it has to be said out loud as if it is spelt "carap Karr" with a brandishing of over-ample bosom under Leopard-print blouse. :-)
Bulldog: Lol...no it's not! ;o)
Punctuation: Ok...you sold me I'll try and track that down...once I have finished Marina's most recent offering!
Lol @ "carap Karr", I like your accent;o) Oh, that woman was just sooo cringe-inducing!
Post a Comment