Tuesday, 1 June 2010

A severe lapse of memory!

Since I have been back at work I have had little time or energy for the dating site carry on but last night someone contacted me out of the blue, who looked reasonably interesting so I agreed to have a virtual chat with him.

That took place earlier this evening and went something like this....

Me: So your profile says you live in Berkshire, whereabouts?

Him: Johannesburg.

Me: Pardon, you mean the J'burg in S.A.??

Him: But I'm moving to Holland next month.

Me: But the profile says Berkshire?

Him: I did live in Berkshire until my wife died a few years ago.

Me: (Suitable condolences) But you live in Johannesburg now? Why did you say Berkshire?

Him: I'm Dutch!!!

Me:
Uh?

Hells bloody bells, give me strength! I couldn't be bothered to go any further with it, in fact I couldn't even be bothered with the courtesy of 'goodbye', I just rolled my eyes silently and killed the connection.

IDIOT! (Him not me before you retort!)

1 Comments:

vincenthawkins said...

this sounds like a normal day for me at work...