Sunday, 9 May 2010

Another date disaster

What can I say, we spent all day and evening together, all seemed fantastic, we talked and laughed all day....and then he text me this morning to say he doesn't want to see me again!!

The reason? I smoke. He knew that already. Ick.

Nothing more to say then. One thing is for sure, much as I would like to be able to give up I can't be in a relationship that depends on it, I can't promise something I can't guarantee to deliver and maybe I can't be in a relationship where there is so little tolerance or discussion!

But nonetheless I'm a bit sad, he was a really nice guy, I don't like this feeling but I'm beginning to get used to it....frogs and all that.

6 Comments:

Kim Bach said...

Nice guy. I'd say he deserves a course in basic manners, didn't his mother teach him anything? Good riddance

Anonymous said...

I agree (oops, i said I was dead, didn't i? well, i lied!). give up the dating for now - see what happens at those white collar offices - you never know ......

Kim Bach said...

Dating is great, but "let it flow let yourself go", and give up the idea of attachments (yes that means stop expecting anything, then you can become disappointed). Think "When Harry Met Sally" - and remember how that ended?

Unknown said...

Modern man I suppose. I went about with some real disasters but seemed able to tolerate most if the overall relationship jelled. Think the 'relax and see what happens' is good advice. Maybe draw up your profile on a 5 x 4 card and present it at first meetings (grin)

Silvia said...

Take a Break!!! Don't look...it will find you!!! With so much intolorance it would never have worked anyway x

Gary said...

I packed in ciggies 15+ years ago after my first date with my current wife. I'm not saying you should do this G, perhaps determine if your date is a non-smoker beforehand. Quitting smoking was by far the hardest thing I have ever set my mind to, but it can be done. I once calculated that I had saved almost $20,000 that I would have spend on smokes. Now, it must be disclosed that my wife had one of her lungs taken out as a baby after catching pneumonia. I would pretty much be a dickhead if I continued to smoke around her. She tells me that she would have ultimately dumped me had I not voluntarily tried to give it up. The only thing that kept me going during a difficult 3 month stretch of cravings was the thought of suddenly losing her because of my habit.

It's a shame that your date used text message for this one-way discussion instead of having a real conversation about it to inquire if you ever planned on quitting smoking. In any case, I do wish you the best and hope you might consider kicking the habit.