Friday, 7 May 2010

I GOT IT!

Today, unusually for me these days, is worthy of two posts, the reason....

finally, amazingly, utterly surprisingly I am at last gainfully employed!! Yayyyyy!!!

Will wonders never cease?!

And so the amusing bit I referred to in a recent post...this job is a repeat of the last one, another white van from hell (yes really) only this time hopefully just the white van minus at least some of the 'hell' aspect.

Again I will be delivering lunch time delicacies to many and various, though this time it's white collar as opposed to building sites, it's some distance from home and the employer is not only a much more professional outfit than the last bunch of cowboys but they are also their direct competition which adds a little interest!

Ok, so not much of a job but it's a job, it's not quite full time but it has potential and if today's trial is anything to go by they are a nice group of people....again unlike the last lot.

So that's it, I have a job, it's a starting point and it gives me back a little of my self respect if nothing else.

Oh....and tomorrow is date number two with the new guy!

Things are hopefully beginning to change.....

12 Comments:

Mahala said...

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!! *hugs* girlie!

gemmak said...

Mahala: THANKYOU *hugs back* :) xx

WendyCarole said...

I am so pleased for you xxx

Wella said...

Congrats! =D

Unknown said...

Good old clever clogs! Well done you.
Do you have a speech prepared for the labour exchange woman?

urbanvox said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
fingers crossed!!! :)

JiCaLu said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! SO FREAKIN HAPPY FOR YOU! really glad excited and yay yay yay!!!!

Wallo said...

Congratulations, that's brillaint news, well done you!!

Maybe you can run your opposition off the road as a token of your gratitude for the fun times you had last time!

Silvia said...

Bloody Brilliant Woman xx

Daisy said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I said I would crease up and die so .... last post from me!!
Oh HOW funny! but at least it's a better mob - the others were evil! fewer Waitrose visits and less Neros, too.
Good luck gemmak!!!

Gary said...

Hey congratulations! Best of luck.