It gets increasingly difficult to think of anything to put here lately, it's not that I don't have things I would like to get 'out there', more that mostly it's just not appropriate, let's face it, no one wants to hear a constant stream of doom and gloom...and most of what is going on in my life at the moment hardly qualifies as cheerful stuff.
It's been five months now since 'himself' dispatched me so unceremoniously and I think I can safely say it has been one of the toughest, if not the toughest few months of my life. Me and mine have seemed barely to have a moment to come to terms with one sad debacle before the next is upon us, and whilst I think in the main I am over my broken heart and the man himself, it wasn't a good spring board from which to have to face all that has followed.
I live in hope of course but my ability to remain upbeat is gradually being eroded, for the most part I am either dealing with pretty negative stuff at the moment, sadness, stress, disappointment, it's been one hell of a roller coaster and I find that my most common state of mind is sadness. This is not depression, I know depression, this is rather just a feeling that where once there were always positive things I could try to focus on, now they are very few and instead of employing that coping strategy, in the absence of happy things to concentrate on I just have to keep my head down and keep on keeping on.
There was a moment there where I felt almost normal, a very brief foray into the world of dating but that turned into yet another abortive disaster and only served to remind me just how far from what I would like it to be, my life currently is and to leave me feeling stupid and a little more battered.
Not only here is it hard to find anything to say, I find that when I do go out I have precious little to talk about because I don't do anything, or at least not anything that makes good copy over dinner, let's face it, cancer stats, chemo regimes and the twice weekly trundle around Waitrose do not make for thrilling conversation!
In short, selfish as it may sound I'm getting pretty tired now of feeling sad, of feeling like I'm existing rather than living and just plodding on directionless. It can't be helped I know and I would rather be doing what I am than having someone else have to do it but it doesn't change the reality.
I know, I know, there are those that have a much harder time than I currently am and I appreciate that but with the best will and intent in the world, knowing that doesn't always help. I know we are supposed to say it does, and at times it does of course but the honesty is that sometimes it just doesn't.
I want a happy soon!
(See, I told you it would be doom and bloody gloom!)
Saturday, 29 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 Comments:
My heart goes out to you, Jane for all that you are suffering this year. One day at a time - something good has to be round the corner. And don't expect too much of yourself. Look after you as well as looking after the others in your life. :)
You have many people who genuinely care for you - small reason to smile, I know, but still a blessing! JG xx
I hear you Jane. I've had several moments of niceness, but one's of unmitigated joy seem to have eluded me these days. I wait for that feeling as well.
aawww... wishing you a happy real soon!
*hugs* xxx
Yes - you sure have been through the wash haven't you? Recognising that as you have could be e benefit- you have triumphed in setting that bloke behind yo - few months ago you were sure there was no recovery. The thing with your patient will have to be left to resolve itself - in terms of changing the outcome you are powerless and you need recognition of your lack of options. What cannot be cured has to be endured describes your situation. Dating - well, you are out of touch with today's wham bam thank you mam so be very sure before you allow the door's of strangers to close behind you. Unfortunately, I see no way that we can assist other than with hugs and aaah there.You have stacks of friends all rooting for you so keep that in mind and stay positive. You know where I am if I can ever assist.
If I could give you a happy, I would!
I just sent you a pic of the Tyne Tunnel while we were going through it... I bet that made you feel a tiny bit of happy! :o)
You are stronger than anyone I know. I know others are going through stuff but like I've said many times... you seem to be a continuous loop of crappy tidings at the moment. I would love to give you happy too. I've always got hugs though!
Sending a big hug, things will get better, really they will. I know I have been there, and it will be when you least exspect it.
Post a Comment