Friday, 30 January 2009

That's it!

Ok...enough already!...the phone is going in the post today and winging it's sad way back to it's originator, I've had enough, life is too short to spend two days fighting a crap operating system!

I'm confounded really as to how an apparently high end piece of kit could have such basic flaws. Ok, I know the more the dev. guys cram into any piece of equipment the morel likelihood there is of problems... but to miss out such basic things as the ability to name a folder strikes me as pretty poor. Yup, it's a fact. The software version in the 6220 allows one to create folders for images, documents etc. but not to name them, in fact not to identify them in any way, the result of which is that one ends up with any number of folders, all completely unidentifiable! Useful eh? I thought it was me but many calls later, some internet research and a visit to a phone geek chap proved it not to be me but the software.

And that was just the start. I won't bore you with the other specifics but suffice to say, I got more than an acceptable number of 'blue screen of death'(ok, they were grey but you know where I'm coming from on this) appearances, it crashed completely more times than anyone could find remotely acceptable and wouldn't restart without much poking and prodding among stuff that Jane Doe shouldn't be expected to have to poke and prod at!

So, I don't know what next, I'm tempted by an iPhone, if for no other reason than it's just so sexy but the decision is on hold for a few days, I'm all phoned out!

On a happier note tho....we have BIG snow forecast as a 93% possibility for Monday so fingers crossed please! :o)

6 Comments:

Sage said...

You just know we are going to end up with the 7% now, don't you...lol

Good luck with choosing yet another new phone... I hate changing mine though I quite like the sony ericsson style now tho it took a lot to get used to after the nokia but perhaps I wasn't as far wrong as i thought after all your issues with it.

Daisy said...

Kick that bad phone to the curb!

I hope you get lots of fluffy and fun snow.

Silverback said...

I'm still 'old school' when it comes to phones.

Folders ? Photos ? Documents ? Silly I know but I'm just impressed that mine allows me to SPEAK with the person on the other end !

Anonymous said...

I am very excited aboput your snow. I love it but it wont be good if you are stuck getting from place to place.
Well done on getting rid of the phone. You just dont need the hassle.

Kitty said...

Sorry my link in yesterday's comments didn't work - don't know what happened there. Not much point posting a new one as you've already decided the phone's not for you!

My brother has an iPhone, and absolutely loves it.

x

Anonymous said...

I bow to your techiness!

You show that phone who's boss!