Well, the new phone arrived yesterday, or rather I had to go and pick it up, o2 having for the first time in history managed to make a next day delivery, just when I didn't want them too....and it's nasty!Well that might be something of an overstatement but thus far I can't say I'm impressed. This is not an item that displays Nokia's usual build quality, in fact this model, the 6220, is more reminiscent of a child's toy rather than a high end, 'smartphone' piece of technology! Add to that, thus far, the much heralded, Symbian operating system leaves a lot to be desired in my humble opinion with the result that I spent much of yesterday fighting it....with not much success.
To be fair I am not an expert but I am usually pretty good with phones, hell, I managed to circumnavigate Nokia's own software at length to convert certain files to a csv. format and load them successfully when nothing that was supposed to work actually did but the whole thing is just so convoluted and protracted that it's simply a pain.
Perhaps it's the old familiarity thing, my last phone uses a different o/s but I don't think so. I can forgive the build quality if the function is good but by last night it was back in it's box ready to be returned! This morning however I have woken with new geeky vigour, maybe I will give it one more go, damn, why did I 'restore factory settings', but if it doesn't shape up fast back it will go, despite there being nothing else I want on the market right now.....I would rather stick with the one I have!


10 Comments:
I was looking at this one but wanted a bigger screen so I'm going for the E71 instead. I've never messed with any phones o/s, if I've ever had a problem I've always gone straight back to the shop (did with the last one 6120c, which had a duff key).
If you're not happy with, I'd send it straight back, I'm sure on 3 if you send it back straight away you can get a different phone, not sure about 02, not been with them for years.
Hope you get sorted out soon, there's nothing worse than getting a new phone home and finding problems.
Paul.
Gemma - I post on the forums of Digital Spy, and found there are plenty of people with 'stuff' to say about the Nokia 6220: Look here if you want to check it out.
I'm with O2 - currently using a Samsung Tocco, and quite liking it. My contract is up in the summer - watch this space!
x
I have the N96 and its very annoying, slow, crashes, doesnt do what it says on the tin, but the internet works!
Snowbabies: It is bigger than my previous screen (6500c)...just! Crashing seems to be minimal today, maybe I overworked it yesterday. Bit slow tho. See how it goes for another day, I get 14 to return it! ;o)
Kitty: Followed the link but couldn't find much on 6220....think I'm just being dumb in my search! I treid again to 'make it work' today...some improvement!
Smidge: Yes, the internet works! I nearly got the 96...think the s/w issues aren't too different...both pants! ;o)
well, I have to put up with the phone my grateful employer provides. It makes and receives calls and texts but not in the dark as the keyboard does not light up! How mad is that?
btw - attempting 10k hits before my 2nd blogoversary - please help!
belleek
I hate my phone with a vengeance, can't trust it but don't want to stop using it because it should do what I want it to do...
Good luck with your new one...
ps you have an award... check on my blog to see
Have a look at Treo 680. PDA + phone. The 680 has just been updated so you should get a good price for one.
You're such a technical wizard! Or maybe you're like Colleen, and simply as stubborn as a mule! She spends hours tinkering with her laptop and refuses to call tech support. LOL!!
Good luck!
OMG! The word verification characters are "TRIESSO"
iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone iPhone might as well.........
Oh dear.
Well, we all know how I feel about technology. But as far as phones go, I will never use anything other than a Sony Ericsson or Samsung (LG) phone.
Post a Comment