Wednesday, 21 January 2009

And in the news today

Given that the whole world will today be writing on the subject of Obama, I thought I would give you one or two alternative news stories instead. That's not to say that yesterday's inauguration was of no interest to me, I watched every moment of it and with a new sense of hope and even pride, despite not being American, but politics is not my forte so I'll leave that to those who know what they are talking about.

So, courtesy of the BBC a couple of reports of a lighter nature...

A weather forecasting cat in Germany,

A cow travelling by car in Beirut,

and a cat burglar in Swindon that reminds me very much of Tilly, who also had a penchant for soft toy theft, though she did at least stick to those in her own household!

Enjoy.

4 Comments:

Daisy said...

I think I might have seen one of MY toys in Frankie's stash!

gemmak said...

Daisy: I think you probably did!

Anonymous said...

I would have thought that the cow travelling in the car contravened animal welfare laws and was probably illegal! I've seen a pony travelling in a car on an internet vid though, and he seemed quite happy - of course he wasn't forced to have his head out of the window travelling at speed.

As to the cat burglar - LOL! If he came into this house looking for stuffies, he'd be lucky to make it out again unmolested. Note to cat: do not attempt to steal stuffies from greyhounds. Not a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Well, that's much better than any local news, state-side. Which is usually nothing but negative, poorly investigated stories.
I think I'll stick to your news from now on.