Monday, 26 January 2009

Commencing phase two

Phase one of the hectic few days is done.

Unexpectedly we managed to make it home last night instead of spending the entire duration away, plans changed and instead of taxi-ing to and from the south coast we instead have a house guest for a few days, Fletch's younger brother, who we bought back with us last night and who will have to tag along with us for part two.

The birthday celebration weekend was cool, as ever. Fletch's mums manages the best family gatherings and among all the good humour, food and fun it was a day or two to forget the coming week and relax. We managed a walk on the beach, well I walked, Fletch sat on a groyne (Oh...I'm not sure that sounds very nice) and watched me walk, and I got to take a few photographs (see yesterday), something I haven't had much chance to do of late.

Today we re-group for phase two and the next journey, this time north for the funeral and somehow I have to get Fletch and his brother suited, booted, smart and away from the X-Box and ready to hit the road very early in the morning.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Daisy said...

I must admit that I had to Google the word "groyne" because I did not know what that was. Now that I know, I think I would like to sit on a groyne, too.