Tuesday, 18 November 2008

P.S. I love you

Fletch arrive home from work yesterday evening weighed down with bags, this is most unusual, shopping during lunch is unsurprisingly not his preference, he has 'Ms Stayathome' here for all that routine domestic malarkey stuff and so I was much intrigued.

As he walked through the door I was instructed not to go into the kitchen and to turn off my computer, the evening was to be a special one for me, I was to relax and do nothing, not so much as make a cup of coffee. This was not an instruction I found hard to comply with! Recently I have been feeling a bit less than chipper, a bit down in the mouth and miserable so himself, love him had planned a special evening in for me!

The bags contained a plethora of all my favourite foods for an indoor picnic, I love indoor picnics, including the most excellent chunk of Roquefort, which was to die for, a heap of other cheeses (you will guess I have a passion for cheeses) olives, pastrami, salami, a bottle of good wine and a big fat squishy chocolate cake!

We stuffed the picnic happily, Fletch tidied up, made coffee etc. and then pulled out of his bag of tricks a DVD, 'P.S. I love you', a film I have long wanted to see but is usually off the 'joint film watching menu'....chick flicks are for chicks he reasons! ;o) So, not only had he actually purchased a chick flick for me, he then, beyond the call of any man's duty sat and watched the whole thing, without humorous interjection, cuddled up on the sofa!

More wine was consumed, chocolate cake with the thickest cream was devoured and when the film, which I loved and cried through most of, was over we listened to music and chatted and giggled the rest of the evening away until late into the evening.

A lovely, lovely evening, I didn't lift a finger! I was stuffed full of my favourite foods, lightheaded from the wine and thoroughly cheerful.... at this point I think, if this were a 40's discreet, black and white movie the lights would go down and the credits would roll! ;o)


*P.S. I love you.

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That shounds like a lovely evening! I'm very jealous!

Silverback said...

Oh sod the 40's, what happened next ??????

Nice one Fletch, ewe old romantic....although I can't imagine roquefort and romance of a snogging kind go together. But then I dislike cheese with a passion.

Ndinombethe said...

Wow! Well done Fletch.!

Daisy said...

He's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

Hey, a soppy romantic post? I didn't think you did the soppy romatic type stuff lol.

Sounds like a great evening. Wish my fella would think of doing stuff like that.

zoe said...

Oh how sweet - that's even brought a lump to my throat and is making me feel very weepy. I do wish Q would think of things like that.

But I agree, Fletch is indeed a great man - and a very special one too :)

Unknown said...

Well done - I thought those jeans would pay off!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet of him! I'd hang on to him if I were you! Sounds worth his weight in gold!

Or chocolate.

Did you enjoy the movie?

Anonymous said...

Clearly Fletch is letting the side down here. I'll have to report back to base. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Punc. : A brief lapse in focus dude, I'm sorry... In hindsight I've decided to categorise said foray to the Dark Side as a research mission :o) And my findings... Avoid that movie at any cost! Any film capable of making 'Dirty Dancing' seem remotely appealing has to be really bad!

Ciao Ciao

Mick said...

Hello stranger,
that post was so sickly sweet they could make it into a chick flick.

Fletch- surely now the next shared film has to largely feature Kung Fu, zombies, ninjas and lots of explosions.

gemmak said...

Pinkjellybaby: It was :o)

Silverback: Use your imagination! ;o)

Tash: :o)

Daisy: He certainly is! :o)

Little Cat: I'm a romantic through and through...given the opportunity! ;o)

Zoe: ;o)

John: Dang, you mean it was just the jeans!? heh.

Jay: Chocolate! heh. Yes, I loved the movie, though I am prepared to accept the point (made prolifically after the event by Fletch) that it was typical 'chick-flick' and not tewchnically a good movie. ...but hey, who cares, I loved it! ;o)

Punctuation & Fletch: Lol...don't start! ;o)

Mick: Yayyy, hello you, ltns!...oh, and I have had my share of 'bloke films' believe me! heh. I even love Kill Bill now! Be impressed! ;o)

BenefitScroungingScum said...

How lovely and I hope it did the trick in lifting your mood a little, BG x

Lisa said...

Awww... that sounds like a lovely evening. :) We have another thing in common... cheese!

xx