Sunday afternoon we took a quick trip to the Hamster treat store....somehow we managed to exit fifteen minutes later and almost £20 lighter, yes, £20 just on hamster necessities and the odd little nutritious snack!!I am convinced that, like 'catnip' there must also be 'Hamster nip' out there, the manufacturers just don't tell us but the strangely most expensive of the fare, a wooden roll stuffed to the gunnels with a honey and carrot concoction, caused
three hours of mayhem. She just would not leave it alone and instead, despite it being official hamster nighttime and the item being twice her size, she lugged it backwards and forwards, dragged it up and down, turned it over and back again and clawed, scratched and chewed at it manically until every last morsel was safely 'pouched' and removed to a safe food hiding place...all with a daft,dazed look on her fat face!Three hours! Non stop! Pouch after pouch load...and what pouches, she looked at some stages completely and utterly deformed! Surely carrot and honey alone can't illicit such behaviour! I'm sure they must sneak into these things some highly addictive, cat-nip-like substance! ;o)


10 Comments:
awww!! she's a very cute and shiny hamster!
pinkjellybaby: Lol...she is very cute and shiny....and FAT! ;o)
Are we likely to see photographs of you with the chocolate safely 'pouched'?
I've called in the DS to check for substance abuse...!
That is too cute, I bet it was fun to watch :)
Whoa! I wish I had pouches to store foods in. Mine just goes straight into the tummy.
What is your hamster's name?
How old is Hammy? Because I want one now - but I don't want a pet with a short life-span :( ... like my daughter's goldfishes, or their hamster, even.
Oh she is soooo cute!
John: Lol...in a word, 'no'! ;o)
Fletch: Did they run the tests yet? heh
Leesa: Lol, it was hilarious but I began to think she might get exhausted....she did sleep well that night tho, no cage destruction carrying ons! :o)
Daisy: Me too, it would be cool wouldn't it ;o) Her name is really 'Nutmeg' but she always gets called 'Hammy'. Not very original I know! ;o)
Zoe: She's only about 5 months old....lifespan 2-3 years max. Roborowski hamsters live about a year longer but they are hard to handle.
Babs: She is....and FAT! ;o) Hey, thanks for stopping by :o)
The hamster gains 20 pounds... lol
Post a Comment