Contrary to our usual camping carrying-ons which involves a four seasons tent that restricts even sitting up, cooking on one burner and nil sanitary provision, this weekend we are off to do a little camping the posh way!
Fletch's parents own a camper van, well it seems a little inappropriate to call it just that, this monster vehicle is all shiny, almost new and boasts just about every domestic necessity and luxury known to mankind...it is also barely smaller than our flat!
So, we are off to a place called Grafham Water to spend the weekend with the outlaws in this mobile palace and whilst it's not really our style of camping, I'm not even sure it qualifies as 'camping', it should be fun and it does have it's benefits on a night when the temperatures are set to go well below zero and snow is forecast....heating and apparently efficient heating to boot are of course part of this home from home-mobile. No need for our minus 20 sleeping bags there then!
We have even been promised the sleeping quarters with the skylight so that if the miracle occurs and the snow falls overnight I can lay there and watch it....assuming of course that as is my norm, I don't sleep.
So that's our weekend, two days of camping the posh way, I'll be taking my camera in case of magnificent snowfall but don't expect me to be taking part in any of the water sporting activities on offer, I have my book, t'internet via my phone and good company, I intend to stay huddled inside making the most of the luxury, unless of course a foot of snow materialises, in which case I might just be prised outside to make the very most of it!
Saturday, 22 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Comments:
How fun! This is a good way to camp! :) If it snows, don't forget the snow angels! xxxx
You will really enjoy it, Jane. Far better than being in a tent, trust me. :)
Have fun!
You're a thicker-skinned girl than me - I gave up camping in 1992 - or at least, that was the last time that I went camping, apart from a weekend in Holland in 2000 which was strange.
We had our first snow-fall this winter today - it even stayed a bit - but nothing deep enough to play around in. More is on its way though...
Post a Comment