Sunday, 23 November 2008

The sum total...

...of the snow I saw was this meagre offering (sorry, appalling photo taken on my phone through the van's window) and to make matters worse, having lain awake from midnight until 4am barely daring to move for fear of waking the other camper inhabitants with my loudly 'rustling' rip stop sleeping bag, I fell asleep for two hours between 5 and 7 and missed a more significant fall which had melted by the time I woke up! No-one woke me! Can you believe it??!!

Ok, so this camper van malarkey, what can I say save for 'give me back my tent please'. All of the inconvenience of camping with none of the fun or the feeling of communing with nature, too hot, too stuffy and it felt like being in a car park...though I accept there are much nicer sites and this one was chosen for it's convenience alone on this occasion.

All that said, we had a lovely evening with the outlaws, all the usual eating, drinking and hilarity and the company of a noisy owl and I think the entire countries population of Moorhens....but really, it's just not camping!

7 Comments:

Daisy said...

Ah, I'm sorry you did not get a bunch 'o snow! It looks very cozy though.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is clearly you're not old and decrepit enough to appreciate the sprung mattresses! ROFL!

Not that we use our motorhome that much... the dogs don't like it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Don't you go wishing for snow missy! Do you hear? :o)
Camper vans... no... no appealing to me, but then again I'd prefer it to a tent!
Glad youhad a good time though, laughter is a great thing isn't it!

Zed said...

We had about 3cms fall today which was exciting enough to send Tatiana outside in her PJs to throw her first snowball!

It's a shame that you weren't woken up :( - but you are a hard-core gal to want your tent back!

Sage said...

Camping in winter... hmmm not sure about this but sorry you missed the snow, shame they didn't wake you though I am sure the sleep was probably needed.

Dale said...

You promised to take your camera and all you offer is one lousy pic from your phone?? May we see the owl, please? Or the outlaws? Or the countless moorhens? Odd creature, that. We don't see them here. Lovely beak.

Trac said...

Awww, shame you missed it!

But.

The thought of sleeping in a tent waiting for snow is quite mad.

A camper van waiting for snow is almost as mad really.