Thursday, 6 November 2008

A birthday and a big bag!

Yesterday I went to my parents for the day. It's been way too long since I managed to get there, between holidays and hospital appointments (my dad has been a bit poorly) somehow we just hadn't managed to get together for almost two months but finally yesterday we made it at last!

The 5th November is not only Guy Fawkes night but in our family a more important date too, it is my mums birthday and as a consequence there was a small amount of celebrating to be done by way of good food, pretty fireworks courtesy of my brother who I also haven't seen for an age, and much, much gloriously extreme chocolate cake!

It was a lovely day with some serious gossiping, catching up on all things family and much laughter... and there was an added bonus for me too. My sister in law, who has a 'bob or two' and who has a penchant for designer clothing is also, as luck would have it, the same size as me and had been having one of her occasional, 'there's no room left in the wardrobe' turn-outs. This is a good thing because far from it being one of those embarrassing moments when an old aunt presents you with a bag of hideous items that would otherwise 'only go to Oxfam' that you somehow, desperately have to politely decline, my SIL's bags of 'do you want any of these, I don't have room for them' items are like an early Christmas!

.....and as a consequence I left for my long, late night drive home clutching a big bag of almost new, mostly designer gear, worth originally a four figure sum, that all fitted like a glove and that I would have chosen myself if I ever had that kind of money!

Result! :o)

9 Comments:

Kate said...

Hi Jane - Gosh ain't it fantastic when that happens... Enjoy your bag and swank it as much as possible.

zoe said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous day (happy birthday to your Mum) and left with more than you expected. We need photos now :)

Unknown said...

Photos. Proper ones not mobile phone shots. Lots of those 'does my bum look big in this' sort please.

Ndinombethe said...

Oooh I want a bag too... I need to find me a sister in law like that.

Glad it put a smile on your face..

Anonymous said...

Lucky you!
belated Happy birfday to your mum and yay for eating lots and having fun!

Daisy said...

Wowie! It sounds like a fashion extravaganza!

Anonymous said...

John - I couldn't possibly comment... ;O)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, lucky you!!

How come my SILs don't do that? LOL!

Mr. Nighttime said...

Oh wow, I forgot to wish you a happy GF night! Did you blow up anything good?