Friday, 3 October 2008

The final approach!!


It's 5.30 in the morning, I have strong coffee, a cigarette, the Heathrow arrivals board online in front of me and he who is collecting Lisa at the gate is hopefully waiting there by now, having left to hit the motorway sometime in the wee small hours!

The flight is listed as only five minutes behind schedule so far and with any luck it will be just about to join the inevitable stack over London, if I were at my parents I would be able to see the aircraft about now!

Even at this hour I can hardly contain my excitement, more soon......


*UPDATE: 06.00: Flight listed at 06.15 and he who is there to meet her is at the gate! :o))


*06.13:
Expected 06.17.


*06.14:
LISA IS IN THE UK!!!....after all these years she is only 80 miles away, in the same country, yayyyyy!!! Yipeee!!! Woot!!!


**WELCOME TO ENGLAND LISA**


Can someone peel me off the ceiling now please?!!!!

18 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Calm Down.... Do some Ironing or something! ;O)

Mr. Nighttime said...

Oooh...that's gonna hurt Fletch. ;-)

Hey, let her have her moment.

Trac said...

Yes, Lisa...

**Welcome to the UK!**

Ironing? Not sure what that is, but is sounds dangerous to me.

gemmak said...

Fletch: Lol...absolutely NO CHANCE on either count!!!!! ;o)

Mr Nighttime: I'm having my moment, no matter what! :o)))

Trac: It is a dangerous thing....don't try it! ;o)

Sage said...

Enjoy the time together, and welcome to the UK Lisa; hope you have a great holiday over here.

Silvia said...

Im excited now and i don't know either one of you!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is just about to have her first cup of proper English tea.

http://punctuation.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/how-to-make-proper-english-tea-for-me/

;-)

gemmak said...

Sage: We intend too :o)

Silvia: LOl :o))

Punctuation: Stand back a reasonable distance then just in case she prefers it with ice! ;o)

Anonymous said...

TEA!!! Punct... FFS... Get the Lefe flowing dude :O)))

Mr. Nighttime said...

Give her a nice cup of PG Tips or Typhoo...

gemmak said...

Fletch: Leffe and jetlag?? Hmmmm!

Mr Nighttime: I'm very impressed :o)

Daisy said...

Hi Lisa! I hope you have fun during your visit!

Anonymous said...

Finally! :o) Have a great time all of you! Don't suppose Lisa brought any sunshine with her did she?

Anonymous said...

Paint the town red you two! : )

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the UK, Lisa!!

Melissa said...

Weeeee! :)

Anonymous said...

:) This will happen again someday soon! It almost makes me cry that you watched my flight like this.

Ok. No more crying. lol

BTW, we did arrive in the UK shortly before 6, but couldn't land, because apparently there is a curfew in London, and we were not allowed to land before 6.

The pilot said we had to circle the airport until after 6. lol The map on the video I was watching showed we flew around Paris.

Not sure if that's an American curfew, since Ian said there was another flight which landed before us.

I ran into a man and his wife who were apparently on that flight, and were walking up to border control at the same time I was. He said, "I am never flying anywhere again. Ever."

I could only laugh at that point. Sounds like his flight was a little more entertaining than he wanted.

Anonymous said...

btw, I believe that you were actually.. on the ceiling! :) xx