Friday, 30 May 2008

Spaghetti dysfunction!

The best way I know, for me at least, to distract myself from any troubles is to become embroiled in something fiddly (ok some may say anal) and faffy but of little consequence....and so hence it was that yesterday I tackled the long avoided nightmare we all have somewhere in our home, the spaghetti dysfunction of tousled wires we try desperately to 'poke' out of sight behind the TV/computer etc. etc. only to find that the more we poke the more of a mess and a tangle it all degenerates into!

This was a treble purpose effort I hasten to add, not only did I want to tidy up and unravel the mess but also it was yet another another step in my endeavours to find out just why I can't maintain a wireless connection. Thirdly the issue of why Fletch's very expensive amp. seems to have stopped doing it's stuff, needed investigating!

I achieved 1.5 of my goals! The spaghetti dysfunction was transformed from this....

(don't look Fletch)


to this....



....and I may have solved the connection problem (only time will tell on that one, I have been here before as some know only too well) but the amp.? Dead as a do-do it would seem :o(

Ok, 50% success rate isn't bad, and I did a pretty good job of taking my mind off all the other stuff going on around me right now but mostly I think I deserve a small medal for even daring to unplug all that lot, unravel it....and then getting it all going again in under two hours, the amp. aside of course!

6 Comments:

mainely stitching said...

I have to unhook all our wires to repaint that wall ... do you hire out, to hook them all back up for me? ;)

gemmak said...

Barbara: Lol...bit of a trip but I fancy a holiday! heh. ;o)

Mr. Nighttime said...

Hey! That was a fire hazard! ;-)

Jennytc said...

Great minds think alike, Jane. I spent half the morning spring-cleaning the famous NASA! It still doesn't look nearly as good as yours though!

Fletch said...

Can't say I can notice a difference...

You've broken me Amp, the Kettle and now the bloody Microwave! ;O)

gemmak said...

Mr Nighttime: Tell me about it!

Jenny: Lol @ NASA, I think ours gave your a run ofr it's money this time! heh.

Fletch: There is a simple response to that....if you used 'em you might break 'em! heh ;o)