.....that you spend half a lifetime trying to solve a problem only to find that the answer was scarily straightforward all along! Ugh! This post could alternatively be called 'ever felt like a fool'?
My wireless connection problems, the bane of my life for months is perhaps finally, by a process of elimination and utter frustration, resolved!
Myself, Fletch and Punctuation have spent months fighting the damn thing, we have between us altered and faffed with just about every setting and option available to geek-kind, hell I even took the bull by the horns in desperation at one point and killed off the o/s and started from scratch re-installing the whole damn lot hotly followed by my first venture alone into the changing the reg... but all to absolutely no avail. I would finally connect and then drop off again within hours, only to spend another day or two trying to even find trace of the network, let alone actually connect to it.
And the answer is?
Um....thus far (though I am not yet holding my breath) it's looking like moving the router up a meter might have solved it! For pity's sake, in my defence I had considered this possibility but given that the signal only has to haul it's sad self maybe 2 meters to my lappy, I had dismissed it on the grounds that it ain't far and when I could connect the signal appeared to be strong!
That said, pride before a fall and all that but if I have to nail the bloody thing to the ceiling I will!
Saturday, 31 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Comments:
Ha - wireless connections! Wonderful when they work, aren't they? We had router once that we'd have to just turn off and on again periodically. Who knows why?
Lol...I kid you not, this bas*ard thing was turned on and off at least 10 times a day for months! Shhhh, it's still working now tho....3 whole days! FFS! ;o)
I would suggest *not* nailing it to the ceiling. :)
Noooo dodgy tactic that one ! If your latest try doesn't work why not try double sided tape, at least it would save you from electrocuting yerself - If that idea doesn't work you could always tell folk it's the latest artistic idea from Tracie Emin!
Post a Comment