Tuesday, 14 November 2006

Day one

What a relief....I woke up at 05.00 hrs in time for my first day back at work, though some might say it's hardly surprising given that I had set four alarms in my state of paranoia last night, that I would oversleep!

That was about where the good news ended mind you. By 05.10 Tilly had very 'helpfully' deposited the entire contents of a packet of cereal on the dining room floor necessitating that I clear it up and risk waking the whole household in the process.....oh how popular that would have made me!

From there on in it was kinda downhill, this job, though it maybe holds some small promise for improvement does not fill me with any degree of passion at this stage..... and the fact that I went the entire day until home time with only one cigarette, and no food or drink didn't cheer me none either, other than for the simple reason that I don't think I have ever gone that long without nicotine in the last 25 years!

At this point I don't relish tomorrow, my head is a tired muddle of routes, prices, fillings, orders and timings and the panic that I'm supposed to have it all sussed by the end of tomorrow to take it on alone on Thursday. I have a sneaking suspicion that by mid morning Thursday I'm going to be completely lost but hey ho, if nothing else that's day one over with and I suppose it can only get better....can't it?

Can I go sleep now?

0 Comments: