Today I have the dubious pleasure of finally attending court to give evidence against the shoplifter who caused me to have run a small marathon way back last September. Oh joy!
After all the months of hoo ha, the problems with dates, the threats of my arrest for contempt of court and the complete ineptitude of the CPS at last the case has made it's weary way to court....doubtless only to be adjourned for some social report or small technicality and thereby wasting everyone's day.
Can you tell that any feeling of public duty I might once have had is faltering badly? Do I want to do it? Do I hell....I can think of a thousand things I would rather be doing but I suppose I really ought to go get myself suited and booted and and head off........though the temptation not to and remain here instead with coffee in hand is strong, I promise you.
Hey ho....you never know, the defendant might even show up!
Monday, 15 May 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment