Tuesday, 22 November 2005

'Tornado Tilly'

What a day I had yesterday, I mean in a good, 'how lucky I am to have such good friends way', not the grumbly, 'it was all awful and terrible way'!

Firstly there was the pleasure and pride of discovering I had a place in another man's bedroom (see post below) and then later on in the evening my inbox presented me with one of the fabest (is that a word?) things I have ever been lucky enough to be gifted.

Earlier in the proceedings I had been emailing a friend back and forth about one thing and another. Shephard and I met when we worked together on a his blog design and we fast became friends. I happened in the conversation to mention that Tilly has much in common with a tornado of late and he in turn mentioned it to his partner. Within only a few minutes it seemed I received an e- mail and attached to it was this fantastic cartoon, 'Tornado Tilly':


Now as if the picture itself is not impressive enough, hell I can't even draw a stick man cat, let me tell you, this is not just any cartoon, this is Tilly depicted in 'tornado mode' by a professional cartoonist, for Shephard's partner is no less than a Disney animator and a damn fine one at that! Wow....how many people get such a wonderful gift and from a source with such pedigree?!

I will treasure it forever, what a fab day I had yesterday, I went to my bed truly smiling last night, all felt good in the world I am truly lucky to have such considerate and generous friends and honored to have 'Tornado Tilly'....soon to be framed and hung with pride on my wall.

So a massive thank you to both of you for really making yesterday one of the 'good one's' :o)

.....and there are those that say 'internet friends' are not real friends......piffle!

2 Comments:

Paddy said...

That is such a cool picture! Use more orange ink/paint and it could be a picture of our cat! I think it sums up all that is catness!

You are so lucky to have such ifriends :)

gemmak said...

Paddy: Lol, it certainly sums up all that is 'Tilliness'! :O)