Monday, 24 October 2005

Do I smell?

I am beginning to wonder!

Something has happened in my tiny corner of the blogosphere over the last week, whether it is that the world is on vacation, has taken a sickie, an incident of immense magnitude has occurred that has passed me by or I am giving off a 'virtually' unpleasant aroma I have no idea, but whatever the reason, over the last seven days my usually rigidly similar hit stats. have fallen by almost 50%.

Weekends are always much slower than the weekdays but I had weekdays with lower stats last week than my usual weekends and the reasons are not apparent from a brief investigate of the information. The percentage of hits resulting from searches compared to those who actually chose to end up here remains the same, my returns on Google and Yahoo etc. are static and the sources from where visitors got here remains unchanged, there is just a downturn right across the board.

During meanderings among stats there are always the amusing/concerning search results to be found, the 'odd bods' who end up here and must be thoroughly disappointed when they do, as the result of a search for (on this occasion) 'child porn' 'men in knickers' or 'child morphing'(ugh, go away please I don't like you) but I noticed also an oddity that is new. Someone is searching 'gemmak' on Yahoo at least five times a day, every day for the last few weeks It is hardly a word that one could search intending to find something else, there are only four gemmak's that return from the search engines, me, an engineering company and two other individuals and as far as I can tell, it is in the main just the one individual searching. Er...whoever you are, if you wish to stalk me, or if you just love me with a passion, would a shortcut or an entry in your favourites not be an easier solution?! Whichever you choose I can glean the same information about you.

8 Comments:

Fletch said...

OK I'll stick my hands up to 'Men in Kncikers' but theres no way I'm gonna admit to using YAHOO to search with!!!!

Ciao Ciao

Jennytc said...

It's those suspenders in the side bar - he obviously can't get enough of them! :)

dkgoodman said...

I think you smell great...

but try turning off the music and see if your stats go up. :)

Fletch said...

Suspenders hey... Umm.. :-)

Think we should have a consensuses on what music should be played on this sight...

Hands up everyone for 'The Sound Of Music'... :-)

Ciao Ciao

Melissa said...

For a couple of weeks, several times a day, someone was doing a Yahoo search with my full blog name. They had to be looking for me. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with a strange stalker.

I think that your stats will go up with all of the phrases you just used. :)

gemmak said...

Fletch: Yahoo eh? heaven forbid!! but I just knew you would be the 'men in knickers' culprit!

Astrantia: ;o)

Jennytc: Lol, seems like as good a reason as any for a change! :o)

DKG: Why thank you hunny ;o)....I have turned it off, it was driving me nutz let alone anyone else! heh.

Fletch: Lol, I think we should have no such thing...Sound of music huh? Cheeky git! ;o) Tis gone anyways, see above. pffttt.

Melissa: Lol, Didn't think of that this time but maybe they will...tho the source will be questionable! :o/

Lisa: Phew....gone back up again today tho, not to normal but much better, who knows the foibles of the web eh? lol.

Mick said...

Well even if you do smell, I'm far enough away that I won't notice ;-)

gemmak said...

Mick: Lol, it wasn't you missing from my stats then! :o)