
Eggs

Hatched
Talking of swans, which I wasn't, but I have been recently, and I am doing again, a friend of mine from 'the south' sent me these lovely photographs (thank you Pauline) after she read my last 'swan post'.
The pictures where taken on a canal bank behind her place of work. She was lucky enough to be able to follow the progress of the parents and their eggs from laying to hatching and managed to take some pictures along the way.
Sadly these delightful little creatures may not have had a happy ending to their story. A few days later they mysteriously disappeared with out trace and where never seen again. The circumstances surrounding their disappearance where never discovered but it is thought a predator took them.
Nature can be cruel at times.


1 Comments:
Yup.....I'm gonna go with that thought Lisa. They will have course emerged as beautiful fully fledged swans by now :o)
Post a Comment