Saturday, 4 September 2004

Apologies, it's not been the best day.

My apologies if you have mailed me or left me a comment and I appear to have ignored it thus far.....I will get to it eventually I promise and if anyone asked for a Gmail invitation and hasn't got it yet please remind me!

Today was not good, I am just home from a particularly hard day at work, it was hot, very busy, under staffed (what's new) and customers from hell where out in force.

I shouldn't complain, my annoyances pale into absolute insignificance in comparison to problems affecting some of those around me, about who I care.

PG's father was re admitted to hospital again yesterday. He underwent heart surgery last week and seemed to be doing well until 36 hours ago. He has undergone further surgery and is now in ITU, ventilated and critical but stable.

I arrived at work this morning to hear tragic news of two colleagues. We employ a Downs syndrome man, a lovely guy and a real character, sadly he suffered a stroke last night, we have no further details.

The brother of another colleague, also last night, in a freak accident, fell down the stairs and died of his injuries.

What can I say, my thoughts and sympathies are with all those affected. Today was a difficult day but it sure makes you count your blessings and appreciate those you love..........

3 Comments:

BeFrank said...

It would be a cold person who wouldn't be affected by the suffering around them. You don't strike me as a cold person. I'll keep a good thought for you and the people close to you. I hope tomorrow is a better day and feel free to vent to your blogger fans if it will help.

You share of yourself in your writing and we feel your pain through that connection. You're never alone when you have people all over the planet with you in spirit.

Deanna said...

Words of hope, inspiration and peacefulness fall upon you and those that you know.

gemmak said...

Thank you both for your kind words and thoughts, it helps to know that in this big wide world there are friends who care.