I've got the right hump!
Work has been considerably less than fun the last two days and damn hard work. 'Joe Public' seems to be suffering a shortness of temper in the now considerable heat and humidity and yours truly just has to keep smiling and being unendingly polite.
Just how much would I like to have told just one of them precisely how I feel as a response to their offloading on me!! How much I would like to remind the odd one or two that my being in the position I am does not render me a lower lifeform, happy to be treated with no respect and spoken to with so little common decency..........A lot I can tell you!
Hey ho........ in the end I suppose that's what I'm paid for, to take the crap and look happy, a model of retail service. I didn't feel like one today, I felt like I had something closer to a grimace glued to my face and being shouted and sworn at was harder than usual to rise above. I managed it none the less, though inappropriate responses where closer to seeing the light of day than usual.
So I'm just home now, my head hurts, my back hurts, my legs hurt and I'm tired and hungry but I have no appetite. PG has had a hard day too and as a consequence has a mood to match mine and ontop of all that there isn't even Big Brother to distract me tonight! Damn......no mindless TV!
Ok...rant over, my apologies. I'm off to bed, tomorrow is another day :o)
Sunday, 8 August 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 Comments:
Life can be totally painful I agree. But, you know, it is wonderful people like you who can smile in the face of adversity... who actually make this world such a nice place.
Thank You:).
I promise... no matter what..I will not grouch and complain to anyone other than my poor friends...for after all.. everyone has a bunch of problems they gotta fight through...
Mohan.
No words of wisdom, but I feel your pain. I get the same sometimes for just showing up. Sometimes I show up to events I've been invited to and still get verbally abused. Tomorrow is a new day and you'll always be a better person for rising above the verbal adversity aimed in your direction.
I agree with the 2 previous comments but I do feel for you. People in retail are not paid enough to have to be the target for customers' bad temper and general bad manners. In school, we used to find, time and time again, that parents who were difficult and sometimes abusive, blaming the school for problems with their children, were either having big problems in their own lives or were trying to offload their guilt for their children's behaviour on us. I once read somewhere that it helps to have a mental view of the antagonist in their underwear (sometimes this could make things even worse!!) but I never remember to do it! :)
awwww.... buck up, lil buckaroo... whilst yer agonizing on yer feet, im sweatin mah brains out here makin us famous! why, with yer looks n my brains (or is it yer brains and my looks? hell, we're both stunningly attractive incredibly intelligent women, eh?) we ARE gonna figger out how to get paid ta play, ya know? love ya sis... and like da kitty who snarfed the chedder and sat by the mousehole with 'baited' breathe.. i eagerly await... The Return.. Of Red!!! lol
Serenity now...
serenity now...
SERENITY NOW...
SERENITY RIGHT NOW...
SERENITY RIGHT NOW DANG IT...
What is wrong with people? A little common decency is right. I can't stand it when people act that way. Hope today is a much better day for you.
Post a Comment