....how could they not be after all those nice comments, thank you you lot :o)
Work was very little improved today although I did 'win' a big bar of chocolate! Strange I know. These little in-house competitions seem to be related to the very sudden and new positive attitude displayed by those in authority. Of late there seems to be a considerable attempt to improve moral among the grass roots and prizes are part of that. Please excuse me if I sound a little sceptical, I don't decry the efforts and I'm not ever adverse to chocolate but the words horse and stable door spring rather rapidly to mind when I consider what caused the particularly low moral in the first place!! For anyone reading this who is new to my rambling go here if you would like to catch up.
Anyways, enough of that for now,I am am sitting here typing between mouthfulls of a particularly large pizza with an obscene amount of extra olives and fresh parmesan. I have 5 glorious days off ahead of me to do with as I wish and to play to my hearts content!
Along with that we (that's PG and myself) had some good news today. A couple we are friends with have just discovered they are pregnant! This couple, although we don't see as much of them as we would like are particularly special and were a great support to PG during a very difficult time...... Such exciting news is brilliant.
So congratulations D & W.............you know who you are :o)
I also received an email from someone I thought I would not hear from again ( I hate losing touch with people) and another from a man for whom I have great admiration and didn't expect to ever be in personal contact with. The latter has asked me to be a 'guest writer' on his blog. I have never been asked to do that before and it's very flattering if a little daunting. More on that at a later time.
So as they say in these parts.......... 'I'm in much better 'fettle' now and thanks again.
Sunday, 8 August 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 Comments:
yeeehaw sis! never say all yer hard-rantin doesnt pay off.. in candy at least! 'round these here parts we dont think equine, and egress, we just call it 'liten a fahr under some ass...'lol. i had ta drive all the way to town just fer some ice cream.. and there you sit with a giant candy bar... not sharing. HA! (trade ya... bite fer bite?) ohhh, and way-cool bout the guestbloggin... thats a new one on me.. cant wait ta see your contribution!
Glad to hear things have improved at work. And five days off? My word, that's fabulous!
I sometimes use this mantra in times of trial:
"I am a spiritual being having a physical experience."
It never seems to help much but it does give others the impression of enlightenment.
I'm very lucky Dale, I shouldn't complain at all really,I only work part time...... it's heaven on the days off :o)
Post a Comment