Wow!
I have already today exceeded my 'hits for one day' record. Not a massive number in comparison to many but a small feat for me. 72 hits and still hours in the day to go.........perhaps I will make the magic 100 before the day is out. Dare I wish for exceeding 2000 in total by the end of the week........pushing my luck a little there I think!
Am I the only one here with the new obsession that is counter stats. and tracking?? I check my stats almost manically and am fascinated by tracking visitors to my site. To find a visitor from some obscure part of the world is a highlight in my day and I am amazed at the places individuals come from, albeit probably in error! When I began this blogging malarky I really didn't expect anyone to visit, save maybe for a loyal friend or two and thought that within a few weeks I would have ditched the whole thing for lack of interest..........so my friends, thank you for submitting yourselves to my ramblings and tolerating my typos, it is much appreciated.
Whilst on the subject of friends I have met some real nice and interesting people in my few months here. I hadn't envisaged at the start that blogging would be such a 'community'or that the feedback and interraction would be as it is. I love people and this has given me the opportunity to meet like minded and not so like minded souls, I would otherwise have never met. In the beginning there were and still are, my first 'blogrollers', Menina, Jenny at Demob happy teacher(I think we started this thing at about the same time), Francesca at Pushing an Elephant up the Stairs, Snowbabies and Black Rat at Someone else's Life. More recently there are new friends, Magz at Maggiezfarm, Brian at beFrank and Leif Wright from 'the other side of the pond.' For anyone here for the first time or for those who haven't done so yet they are all well worth a visit!
Happy reading............. I'm off to check out the hit counter now..........
:o)
Tuesday, 3 August 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 Comments:
Yes, I too check my stats on an almost hourly basis. Keith groand every time I announce my latest total :)
Lol.....mad isn't it. PG has a now standardised grunt to reply to every announcement I make on the subject!
I'm still scratching my head over the hits I get on beFrank. I plugged your site in a post after I read about you nearing your hit record. I hope you don't mind.
I regularly scratch my head on that one. I have hits from all over and I never manage to trace some of them!....and of course I don't mind,thank you, I can use all the plugs on offer :o)
Well I visited Silver, looks good. alot to read but I couldn't leave a comment, it wouldn't work. Will try again soon :o)
Hi.
Befrank sent me as well. Here's hoping you continue to set new records for hits. Count me in!
PS Loved your "100 things about me" OK with you if I try that on my blog sometime?
mimicomusings.blogspot
Post a Comment