Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Tis the season to be......?

I was charged today with the task of sourcing the household Christmas tree and to be entirely honest I wasn't looking forward to it. The last few years I have gone with my dad to the local 'Christmas tree farm' (yes, we have one called just that) and it has been a something of a tradition for he and I......this year was obviously going to be different and not in a good way.

I did endeavour to get said tree from elsewhere but to no avail and so I took the bull by it's proverbial horns and this afternoon went on my own to do the deed.

My father, a man of immense integrity - annoyingly so at times - must have been spying on me because having selected a suitable tree and paid for it I realised that instead of charging my card with the full £22 price, they had charged just £2!

I will fess up here, there was some intent in my mind to walk away feeling pleased with myself, I even began to leave the pay point but somehow I just couldn't....and half way out of the place I turned on my hell, went back and pointed out their error. Dammit!

Their gratitude and praise for my honesty only served to make me feel more guilty for my momentary lapse!

On a more positive note, my initial anticipated sadness was lessened by the discovery of these two beautiful and very large creatures who apparently now reside at the tree farm over the festive period....


(Apologies for quality, phone cam.)

3 Comments:

Daisy said...

Those horses are magnificent!

Anonymous said...

Your integrity correction shows Dad is still in touch

John being anonymous

Deanna said...

NEVER apologize for giving us HIGHLIGHTS of beautiful things ...

YOUR stories ... that inspire the soul ... and YOUR pictures that make us smile and sigh ....

It doesn't matter that you hesitated, the fact remains that you immediately questioned your morals & adjusted your actions accordingly.


AND then you brought us a beautiful picture... helloooo !! This screams wonderful in my eyes!