The last two weeks or so I have been working day in and day out, outside and the novelty of sub-zero temperatures is wearing pretty thin I can tell you. Taking the windchill factor into account, most days I have been 'enjoying' something in the region of minus 13 to 15 degrees...and I don't do cold!
Yes, I get to clamber in and out of the white van umpteen times a day but whether it's better to keep it warm or cold itself is something else that's not a cut and dried issue. if it's cold it's cold and I get no let up but if it's warm then the constant change in temperature gives me a headache. Mostly I keep it mid range and achieve nothing spectacular.
I have kitted myself out at great expense in high performance, high end, all weather gear which helps but it's still too bloody cold for words, I don't have a single draught point and only my eyes (which stream most of the time) and my finger ends are exposed but I'm still too damn cold and I bear rather too much resemblance to the Michelin
All that and for what, we have had only two days snow....how unfair!
And yes, those of you who envied me my outdoor job in the hot summer months may now snigger heartily for now I am suffering payback!


3 Comments:
I've seen a couple of YouTube videos from the uk and it looks really depressingly cold. Bundle up.
It is and I have! :)
Do you think we will have snow this winter i have been thinking about getting some of those winter tyres because i almost crashed last year in the snow :(
Post a Comment