I have for the last few months been dreading this week because it holds the first anniversary of two very sad losses, which occurred exactly one week apart.
Firstly the very untimely death from cancer, while only in his forties, of a very good friend, someone who had been a massive support to me, despite his own difficulties and who was an all round fabby guy, held in very high esteem and with much affection by all those who had the privilege of having him touch their lives.
Be happy my friend, wherever you are, thinking of you and your family.
Next, exactly one week later was the day that my father died, also of cancer and unfortunately I have one of those minds that manages to recall just about every minute detail of his last week with us, all kinds of memories, surprisingly perhaps not all sad despite that last week being in a hospice with the inevitable outcome hanging over our heads....but I could do without what seems to be a constant reel of film of those days running through my head.
Like I said, I haven't been looking forward to this week and it's not turning out to be any nicer than I had anticipated.....
There is so much more I could say/would like to say but for today at least the thought of typing it all down is too much.


7 Comments:
thinking of you :) xxx
Me too! JG xx
It does hit you harder than you expect, I think. My suggestion would be to let yourself remember if the time is appropriate. If not, visualise yourself putting it all in a box in a cupboard, with the promise to yourself that you will deal with it at a time when you feel more able to do so. Hope this helps, but you may have a different way that is more helpful to you.
Also, it's good to remind yourself that it won't last forever.
{{hugs}} xx
The hurt will never completely leave, but eventually, all of the happy memories will overshadow the bad times. Trust me. It is the voice of experience.
nearly over - and you have survived!
hugs xxx
Post a Comment