Friday, 4 June 2010

It's pathetic...

...and hopeless, between getting up at the crack of dawn, working, my commitments at home and trying to stay awake I seem to have no time to blog, Twitter or pretty much anything else much these days! However, I have made it here briefly this evening.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working and I like my job, thus far I haven't woken up with the 'ugh, it's a work day' feeling even once, I am just happy to be working and with people I like and who I get on with. It might be poorly paid and it might not be a job to die for but I love it....so I suppose it stands to reason something had to create a cloud on the horizon!

It seems that there is a distinct possibility, if not a likelihood, that I may be made redundant in a couple of months! Give me strength....how bloody typical! One step forward and two back and all of that. The thought of returning to being unemployed horrifies me but I might just have to get used to it again apparently.

I won't bore you with the details for now, I am too fed up to go into the minutiae right now, maybe it won't happen but given the last couple of years you can understand why I am tending to expect the negative on this one.

We shall see.....

Meh!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Sheesh kebab! It surely about time you were dealt a decent hand for once, fingers crossed it doesn't happen.

Unknown said...

Well, isn't that a bastard? Do remember though that best time to look for new job is whilst you have one. Roll them luscious eyes at the firms you visit and charm the ER blokes - they have seen you in action and will know you are a worker. Don't just ask them if they have a job "You know me - do you know anyone who could use a worker like me" questions. Ask your current boss if he can suggest somewhere - he may have a conscience at taking you on when redundancy could have been on the cards. Didn't you say White Man Van were in same line of business. At least you'd be reunited with the cygnets.