Saturday, 15 May 2010

Which way is up?

It's been a very odd week, very odd indeed and I feel completely out of any small comfort zone I may have once inhabited!

Getting a job and starting work is of course good and in the main I have enjoyed it but I am a creature of habit and the whole messing up of my, albeit previously very boring, routine has reduced me to some degree of not knowing which way is up, if in fact there is an 'up' at all! I feel like I'm treading water in a thick fog somewhere utterly strange to me and it's all a bit unnerving to be honest.

Add to that my home 'situation' remains very difficult, probably more so for my being out all day working and I have had one or two things going on in the background that I can't or don't want to go into here but which I've found pretty difficult and upsetting.

Everything has seemed to happen at once, nothing happened for months and then in the space of a week everything has changed, well ok, not everything of course but right now it feels pretty much like it and I feel pretty alone trying to get a handle on it all.

Mostly I suppose I just wish at the moment I had someone to go home too, talk things over with and to give me a cuddle.

But you know what they say......'if wishes were horses' and all that, so best I just get on with it.

4 Comments:

vincenthawkins said...

if wishes were horses i would run a bet on the 3.15 at Hadock park good for you sweets you are a woman of substance you are doing alright !

Anonymous said...

You are not ever alone... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's just a phonecall away!
Big week and a new start - sorry things are still tough at home - but vent whenever you need. Oh and give yourself credit for what you are achieving xx

Anonymous said...

I agree with anonymous - I know the web and FB and stuff doesn't make up for a real person but we are all here for you. I've never met you (how weird is that) but I find I really care about you and your concerns - I find I am tearing up as I write this so I will shut up and go away!

Gary said...

I think these feelings are quite common. I remember feeling this shortly after I returned to work after a long layoff. A feeling of being out of sorts. Good to be back at work, but not at all at ease in the new job. Just know that it gets easier over time. I hope these other situations you are dealing with iron themselves out soon.