.....to be this tired??
I know I get up early for work now and I know I'm not as young as I used to be or used to working but hell fire, by 9pm every evening I am fit for nothing this last week or two and it doesn't seem to be improving any!
Add to which last night I couldn't sleep for the heat, despite feeling completely knackered, and managed only about two hours.... and tomorrow morning I have to be up at 4.30am!
How long does this working malarkey take to get used to, does anybody know?? ;)
Incidentally, all things considered I am loving it, as far as work goes it's not bad and it's fab to feel vaguely normal again at least in one respect. It might not solve all my current problems and it might not be the job of a lifetime and one I can stay with forever but it's a start, it gets me out of the house and into the real world meeting people and whilst it doesn't offer a kings ransom for a salary it does offer more than the dole and I no longer have to tolerate the humiliation and prejudice that 'signing on' involves! :)
Monday, 24 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 Comments:
Give yourself some time, Jane. I'm sure things will get easier gradually. You have been through difficult times lately and that's bound to take its toll. As for the age thing, this is someone who is now only working part time and frequently falls asleep for an hour in the afternoon and still has her 8 hours at night!
Hey! Hope things start to get back into "work-routine" for you. They say with work you fulfill the feeling to be needed. It's basically what you described as being "normal". It's not really pointed out by people; I assume many people don't realise that it does play a part in motivating them in some way, and I would say that someone who hasn't had the pleasure - ha! - to sign on, or hasn't done so in some time, don't know how lucky they are to be in a job even when it's a crap one. Not to say that some jobs are just plain crap, of course some jobs are, but my point is that a person in a job soon forgets the feeling of being worthless; the feeling you get when you sign on! Essentially, every job makes you feel needed in some. :) Looking forward to seeing a positive change in your posts, by the looks of things, it already seems to be happening. XD
Give it time and you'll acclimatize. The hot weather whilst being stuck inside a tin can on wheels doesn't help. I hope you have air conditioning in the vehicle, that and a good stereo are a must as far as I am concerned. Shame my car has the latter only. It's good that things are on the up for you. Fingers crossed and good luck.
Daisy's "mom" here:
I used to spring up from bed sometimes before 5:00 am without being tired at all. Since I started my new job in January, I fall asleep usually by 10:00 pm, and when I'm supposed to get up by 6:00 am, I'm still exhausted!
well, I get tired at about 2pm (like, right now!) ever since I got back from Canada so heaven knows how long it takes!
I'm looking forward to your observations on life in your new job - I loved those from your world in the little white van!
Post a Comment