How hard can it be? I mean really, just how hard can it be to meet a man who is and does 'what it says on the packet'? One would think it shouldn't be too difficult, one might be very wrong.
It would seem, or at least thus far in my experience, that it's nigh on bloody impossible!
I expect to meet my fair share of frogs and I don't expect to meet a prince but somewhere about in the middle of those two extremes might be nice. No, actually, what might be nice would be for someone, just -- one -- man, one time, to be/do/say what he promises, even half way there would be a nice novelty!! Please?
Jeez, is honesty up there with rocket science these days or is it me? Is expecting some degree of normal integrity just too much to ask of someone? Apparently it is, oh how utterly naive of me.
The latest in the sorry line of dates appeared to be a bit different (Yeah, I know,where have you heard that one before?!). We had much in common, an amazing amount in fact, we talked easily for hours, we laughed and we appeared to want the same things. It was he that pushed to meet soon, we met, we enjoyed one anothers company, the real life thing seemed to be as good as we had hoped, or better and when we parted at the end of the date we both felt kind of disappointed it had to end. As soon as he got home he contacted me, very complimentary, very keen to meet again, it was all good.
'WAS' is the operative word here because 'Mr I won't mess you around or play games, I am honest, genuine and reliable' appears now to have done a vanishing act! Well to be more precise this is the second vanishing act. The first time he turned up again full of apology and reason, this time nothing and I will be damned if I'm going to contact him, much as I might like too and much as I am having to sit on my hands to prevent myself from calling or texting him. Dammit!
Maybe there is a valid reason, maybe I will eat my words but you will forgive my scepticism when I say I suspect it's probably all bullshit again!
My cage has been well and truly rattled this time! I await his call, I imagine I will be waiting quite some time!
For a long long time I have said I would never be one of the 'all men are bastards' brigade and deep down I do know there are some good guys out there but there but they seem to be very thin on the ground and each time this happens it's getting harder to keep the faith!
*And yes Mr B, I know what you will say and maybe I am beginning to think you are right!
Thursday, 15 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 Comments:
"it's probably all bullshit again!" is he in marketing ?they make good bullshit ... or maybe you are right its just men ! i am an honorary girl ! x i am sorry
Maybe just one more episode in the dating world and you will have enough material for a book?
Seriously, sorry for you. Hugs
For goodness sake! Please switch off that 'knob' radar! or use it to your advantage.... keep the faith though... chin up... pebbles..beach...rambling...hugs.
xxxxxx
Vince: He's not oddly, ex marine, one would think he had greater integrity really. Heh, you are indeed an honourary girl....wish there were a few more out there! ;)
John: Amusingly I was reading an article about the same thing....sadly I don't think my experience is unique :/ Maybe one or two more tho and I can make a living out of the book making it all slightly less of a waste of time!
Lol...pebbles, beach, rambles, hugs........ ;) xx
From what I remember of the person I was before I got married, I think I would have easily fallen into the "knob" category. Not sure if that's encouraging, but I think some people get better later in life.
Not that it's a committee decision, but I vote for sticking to your values and staying in the game.
(oh yes, and a happy beLated birthday too.)
beFrank: Lol...so there is hope afterall! ;)
Stick with it, Hun!! Not all men are of the B******D variety!! The only problem is finding them. I would just casualy txt him something like: Hey I am in town fancy a coffee..or something like that.. If no answer then delete the F***s Number!!!
Silvia: Done that. Nothing. Bit odd, slightly longer story but I think the number is for the delete button any day now whatever! ;)
Having been thru it and still do occasionally, I can "feel your pain".
Post a Comment