Monday, 1 March 2010

Au contraire

Why is it in life that we always seem to want what we can't have and moreover, not want the things we can have?

I'm sure there must be something psychologically or emotionally deep-seated about that, perhaps the mere fact that something is unattainable makes it all the more attractive where the attainable, by the very fact that it is attainable, lacks challenge or attraction because it takes less effort? Perhaps we function to some degree on making life more difficult for ourselves, that there is some kind of perverse excitement in that which isn't readily available to us....but whatever the psychology, it's frustrating!

To be honest I don't think I want a great deal in life, just a few of the usual things, I'm not very materialistic, I don't yearn to be rich or any of that old malarkey but it would be novel if occasionally something I do want could be less of a hassle to achieve and attain!

Perhaps human nature is just a contrary thing and I should just accept it and smile sweetly!

Meh! ;)

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Work onbasis that just around the very next corner is a tall dark rich caring guy who will meet your every need.
No? Not there?
Well, maybe the next corner then.

gemmak said...

John: Lol...I seem to be on the wrong street...mine doesn't have the corner I'm looking for! heh. Damn sat navs! ;)