....I will not be sorry to see you go!
2009, probably, no certainly, the very worst year of my life to date, unsurpassed in obnoxious horrible-ness and that despite one or two in my past not having been particularly good to say the least.
I find it pretty hard to imagine now, when I think back to this time last year, quite how much has changed and none of it in a positive manner. I began the year relatively happy and feeling I had achieved much of what I aimed for in life. Yes, I was unemployed but that was the biggest problem I had, oh happy days! Such a simple existence now seems something I can only dream of, something that happens to other people, like winning the lottery or finding a priceless work of art in the loft.
Those of you who read here regularly (for which I thank you) know what happened next, for those that don't, briefly I lost the man I loved when he ditched me unceremoniously in the space of a few hours, as a consequence I lost my home, along with my sanity it seemed at times..... and having just begun to recover from that my father, who we thought had beaten cancer, was given a terminal diagnosis and required nursing to his recent death, which was preceded by a good friend also being claimed by cancer, just a week earlier.
It's been a logistical and emotional roller coaster filled with heartache, hospitals, chemotherapy and hopes dashed time and time again and it's a ride I never want wish to experience again! So like I said at the start of this post, I won't be sorry to see the back of 2009 and whilst I have no wish to tempt fate I can't imagine how 2010 can be anything but an improvement! Here's hoping!
There were along the way one or two positives, we had a few laughs, I learned that I'm stronger than I thought and that we cope with what is thrown at us somehow, I made some very good friendships that I hope will endure a lifetime, my best friend got married and I discovered that despite everything, I wouldn't now have back he who ditched me so unkindly if he was offered gift wrapped and with a bright shiny ribbon wrapped around his 'interesting bits'. I just don't need that crap.
So then, happy new year guys, lets hope it is a better one......and thank you to those, who along the way, kept me from capsizing spectacularly and were there 24/7 and way beyond the call of duty when I needed them, you know who you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 Comments:
Hi Gemmak.
Like you I am glad to see the back of 2009 one of the worst years for me that I can remember but my concerns for 2009 are minuscule compared to yours and in truth I don’t really think I should complain - [if at all] too much.
Is it said that our ‘trails and tribulations’ are presented to make us a stronger and wiser person - I don’t know about that but for sure its pretty painful going through them at the time they happen. If that is true then you must be the strongest person going - true.
My forecast for Gemmak for 2010 is ever onwards and upwards, remember your ‘Shining Knight on his Charger may just be around the next corner’. Mick.
Happy New Year...like you said it can only get better...right????
Wishing you all the bes for 2010
amen to that!!
You can roar in the face of anything from this point forward!!!
And who'd have thought we'd be saying that this time last year...
You are amazing and yes I know it's not from choice, but you have shown your true strength this year - believe and dream for 2010!
Wishing you a Happy New Year! Hope 2010 brings you happier times, if anyone deserves a change of fortune, it's you :-)
Paul & Debbie.
Aw, I'm sorry you had such a bad year - in terms of all the blogs I read, I definitely think you have one of the roughest times of it. I felt similarly at the end of 2008 and while 2009 wasn't partccularly awesome, it certainly was better than the previous year.
Here's to 2010 being a great one for us both!
Happy New Year!
I feel a bit guilty really because 2009 has been an AWESOME year for me. Pretty much the opposite of your experiences.
I have a feeling 2010 is going to be really good too - I'm especially looking forward to the warm Nebraska summer rather than the constant snow and the occasional minus 20c temperatures we have in Winter. The snow is very pretty but after a month or so it loses its glister.
I reckon 2010 should be "The year Gemmak came to visit Ian and Lisa" (although we will check you have the return portion of your ticket with you...just in case! Heh heh)
It *will* be a good new year for you. Promise. I'm always right - just ask my new wife. ;-)
{{hugs}}
Wishing you the very happiest of new years!
Wishing you nothing but the best, joy and happiness for 2010 and beyond... xx
Hey Lady...
You said it well...
Wishing you greatness for 2010.
There's only going forward my friend.
Post a Comment