Saturday, 12 December 2009

Persistent!

Well, this is a problem I never envisaged I would have!! A man who's persistent and unwanted attentions I just don't seem to be able to stop. He is driving me absolutely nuts now and nothing I have tried has put paid to his endeavours!

Really, I have tried everything.....polite, firm, to the point, rude, out and out rude, ignoring, rationalising, unpleasant, bitchy, in your face 'go away' but nothing is getting through and this has been going on intermittently for 10 or so years, though recently since I became single it has got a whole lot worse. He's an ex from my youth, I went out with him a couple of times months ago, it wasn't happening and somehow I can't convince him of that.

It is beyond a joke now, I have been determined not to change my number but I'm beginning to consider it, or worse, the man has the hide of a rhinoceros and nothing gets through. It must be nice to have that level of self confidence I suppose, such a belief that no one could possibly live without him!

Whatever, enough is enough, suggestions on a postcard please....or for ease perhaps in comments!

Why is it the guys I do want don't seem to want me this badly? The law of sod prevails as ever!

7 Comments:

JiCaLu said...

Mmm, I guess a restraining order feels a bit too much? Ask the phone company to block his number, try and erase all the ways he knows how to contact you, blocking him etc...

Sage said...

One way would be to advise him through a formal letter that his attentions are not only unwanted but causing you stress and should further contact continue you will seek legal methods to ensure it stops. Send it recorded so that it has a signature and hopefully the problem will go away {{hugs}} xx

Jennytc said...

If Sage's suggestion doesn't work, you could try a solicitor's letter but of course that would cost.
You should be able to block him on your mobile phone too.

daffy said...

Could you not get a male friend to 'have a word'? Perhaps tell him that you've moved on with another. Or he could just punch him up the bracket?
*hugs* ;o)

Anonymous said...

Oh ummm... I have no idea! I've never had this problem! Lol... I just get the rudey ones with gf and it's easy to get rid of them.

Block his number, it can be done...just gets sent straight to 'ignore'...

Mick's Page 2. said...

Hi Gemmak.
I’ve never been in circumstances like yours having unwarranted attention from the ladies quite the opposite, the lack of them.

Solutions - [You have to lie]
Inform him you’re now a lesbian and not interested in men anymore.
Tell him you tested HIV-positive.
You take crack cocaine and smoke ‘Pot’.
You recently contacted syphilis and a few other STD’s.

If none of the above solves the problem and he still doesn’t get the message then take a gun and shoot him in his dangly bits. What ever you decide - Good luck Mick

Wallo said...

Well, you could have just said, I'll stop now :-(

No but seriously, something persistent like this can really have an effect on your day to day life. Have you informed him that he is breaking the law and threatened to take action. This may frighten it off but if not, I actually agree with someone else's suggestion that you employ a bulky male friend if possible (sorry I'm busy all this week) to have a few carefully chosen words. The last thing you need right now, on top of everything else is being dragged through legal proceedings so hopefully it won't need to come to that.