Well finally, after what has been a manic two weeks both emotionally and logistically, I think we have everything arranged. Hurrah!
I really began to think we wouldn't get it all done, despite having such a long wait until the funeral, but unless my usually obsessive organisational skills have failed me badly (and believe me that's distinctly possible at the moment) we are all done and dusted and ready for my fathers funeral next Tuesday.
Really I think we just want it over with now, the wait has been too long and just as we begin to feel a tiny vestige of normality for a few minute, now and then, we will be flung headlong back into the harsh reality of our loss.
It will be very good of course to pay him our respects, to say our final good-bye's, to publicly celebrate his life and the very special man he was and to begin to get some real closure but at the moment I think mostly we are just dreading it.
Hey ho, tis all set now, we just have a few more days wait....
Friday, 11 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
Have made note to self to double think of you on Tuesday. My learnt and personal experience is that things get more bearable when the interment etc. stage is over - seems to make 'goodbye' more reality.
Post a Comment