Sunday, 29 November 2009

It's over....

....my dad (TP) died peacefully in the early hours of yesterday morning with my mum, my brother, my sister and myself all by his side. He retained his stoicism and sense of humour until the end.

"Wherever you are dad, let the jazz be cool and the red wine be a damn good one."

26 Comments:

Silverback said...

To help you through this sad time, it would be easy to trot out the old platitude that his suffering is over and he's in no pain now.

Whilst true, it doesn't ease your loss much. We know that you've had a very hard time with the leadup to his passing, coming on top of many other worries and stresses for you.

As usual my thoughts are with the living and I do hope and pray that you can move onwards and upwards now - a bit like your dad actually.

mspeekay said...

I'm never good at knowing what to say in these circumstances, but I'm thinking of you. xx

joanna said...

I'm so sorry : ( I know how much you love him. Thinking of you and sending you massive massive hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WendyCarole said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. Sending you hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear the sad news, thinking of you all.

Pauline
x

Daisy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Soft purrs to you.

Anonymous said...

it's been a tough road and you have been incredibly brave. I'm so sorry it got to this .... holding your hand tightly ...
belleek

Silvia said...

I do not know what to say other then I am so sorry for your loss:(

PippaD said...

I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. You shall be in my prayers.

P said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you're okay.

Michelle said...

my condolences. you're all so very brave, remember, grief is not a sign of weakness, but of strength.
(((hugs)))

BeFrank said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Zed said...

My sincere condolences to you and your family. It's been a rocky year and you've been so strong. Please, don't forget to grieve and I hope next year is better.

Love and hugs,

Zoe
xxx

daffy said...

I'm sorry, it's been the hardest road of all. I hope the path becomes a little easier for you all as time marches on. I'll raise a glass of a good red to your dad.
Lots of love and hugs. xxxxx

Jennytc said...

I'm so sorry, Jane. I echo all of the above. It certainly is no easier even when you know it's coming. Give yourself time to grieve and take one day at a time. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sage said...

Although I knew TP's passing was coming, it is still hard to read it and know you and your family are grieving for your loss of a very special person. You and the rest of the family are in my thoughts and prayers, keep your memories strong and cry when you laugh at those loving memories of your Dad xx {{hugs}}

mainely stitching said...

I'm so sorry, Jane. Wishing you peace ...

lom said...

Nothing I can say will help, so just know we are thinking about you and sending love to you all

Wendy said...

So sorry for your loss.

JiCaLu said...

My condolences *hug*

Harry said...

Our love and prayers are with you and yours....'may the Lord lift up the light of his countenance upon you and give you peace.

Unknown said...

my deepest condolences!

Mike Golch said...

Sorry for your loss.I came for a visit and offer my condolences from Daffy's site.I know Pain of losing a Parent to cancer.I lost my Mom in 2003 to lung cancer.My Dad passed away in 1984 from a heart attack.Sorry that you have joined the L.O.P.(loss of a parent)Club.

Sandee said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about this. It's sad, but it is part of life.

Elizabeth Gordon said...

I'm so sorry I missed this moment and didn't pass on my condolences at the time.

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Massive love thoughts heading your way. Your survival of it gives me hope that when the time comes for my Dad, I can survive too. xx