Ok, I suspect we girls all do this one time, the 'man rant' and today its my turn... so sorry guys, no offence intended but from where I'm standing you are a pretty confusing lot.
Or maybe it's not confusion, maybe it's just frustration (and no, before one of you makes a wise crack not that kind of frustration, so don't go there) but whatever it is, I swore blind I wouldn't ever be one of those women who said, carte blanche, that men were a pain in the butt, self centered, sex obsessed, insensitive gits....recent experience however is teaching me otherwise!
I'm trying, honestly, I - am - trying not to tar everyone with the same brush but it's getting harder by the day, I don't want to view the male of the species in that negative manner but thus far, my recent forays into the world of men has done little to dispel my growing cynicism.
I didn't think I was naive but perhaps that was an error on my part, I thought that grown men behaved like grown men, perhaps had learned to communicate better than historically we jokingly (well I thought it was a joke, see maybe I am naive) believed and had learned that girls have minds along with bodies, apparently however I was mistaken. I wouldn't mind but I'm hardly sex-siren material!
I'm no prude and I hope I'm a realist but hell fire, it would be kind of nice if at least a 'hello' and one drink preceded attempts to get my kit off and if communication came in the form of words as opposed to what appear to be impossibly confused, random signals!
Maybe it's just me but..... ack! Feel free to argue your case guys, I would love to be wrong!
Tuesday, 25 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 Comments:
Yep, some men are like that, they just never seem to grow up!
yep your right
I'd be flattered if someone other than LOML wanted to get my kit off! It isn't a pretty sight anymore!
But, yes, I know what you mean - what have we fought and died for over the last 40 years .....
belleek
Hi Gemmak. - I take issue - !!!
You say from where you’re standing men are a pretty confusing lot you also indicated that men were a pain in the butt, self centered, sex obsessed, insensitive gits.... and that is from you’re recent experiences.
May I respectfully point out to you perhaps the fault lies with you and if from your recent past experiences you have met men who haven’t acted like gentlemen towards you and that after one drink want you to get your kit off and get into your knickers then I suggest, no, in fact I know, you are frequenting the wrong establishments and associating with the wrong type of people also you are most definitely sending out the wrong signals. If you want to be treated like a lady then ‘act’ and conduct yourself like one. You get what you deserve. act like a lady, treated like a lady, act like a ‘tom’ treated like a ‘tom’.
My words of wisdom from experience. - Mick.
PJB: Tell me about it!
Lom: I would like not to be ;o)
Rosneath: Lol, I take your point ;)
Mick: Point taken and perhaps I deserved that but I don't wish to be treated like a lady or a tom and nor, I hope, do I behave like either. All I would like is to be treated like a human being and shown a little respect!
I believe there is a trick to finding the right one, really. All the silly ones with self-serving intentions = not the right one. :)
The right ones are much better than the wrong ones.
All people can be arses. I just try not to be one of them.
(my word verification is "liers" ... lol)
P.S. Thank goodness I have a right one. Yours will come along, too.
I haven't commented for ages, but oh Mick has to be replied to...
I can see Man-Logic at work - but it's the same 'logic' that says that women in short skirts are asking for it!
And Gemmak you need a word too...
You don't need to back down as soon as someone purports to have a 'theory' that blames the victim if they complain about ignorant and disrespectful behaviour!
We are all responsible for our own behaviour and we are responsible for our response to other people's behaviour - but we're not responsible for other people's behaviour.
Fume, fume - and then breathe... JG xx
Have to say I'm a bit in Mick's camp. Modern man sees on TV what he thinks is life where there are quite a few women who see sex as just ships passing in the night. They cannot understand if they are rebuffed - didnt happen Mary Jessica Parker or whoever.
Once Uncle Dick looks over the waistband of his Y fronts, he has to do something about it. My courting days required that softly softly catchee monkey tactics were needed + the women were able to show No Thanks if that is how it was.
Do not turn into a nun if things get difficult though.Lots of people work on sex without commitment.
Lisa: Lol @ the word verification...Feudian? Maybe mine will but I'm not doing any breath holding!
JG: Hello....and THANKYOU xx
John:I have no intention of joining a convent I promise you!
Sorry to say, but in my experience, you are COMPLETELY right :o(
Karen
Little Cat
Post a Comment