Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Goose-lets!

One of the ways I have been trying to occupy myself these last few weeks is by walking, I walk and I walk a-n-d I w-a-l-k, for no other reason than if I sit still I think.... and I don't want to think. As a result I have pounded something in the region of a hundred miles of pavements since my life disintegrated around me. It's not my idea of fun but to some small degree it works, it's a distraction and if nothing else I must be getting fitter.

The last few days the weather has been kind and so instead of scuttling about under an umbrella, I have walked to the local park and spent some time sitting watching the world go by, in fact two days ago, I didn't just sit, without much apparent concern for my personal safety I fell fast asleep there and woke up with a start and a very pink face and no earthly idea where I was for a moment or two! However, sitting in the park in the sun is not necessarily a good thing right now, it has memories of 'us', of romantic picnics and lovely moments etc. etc. but today there was a diversion, a happy sight which took my mind off to a better place for a short while......

(Click for the big ones)





11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Walking is good. My poor dog has never been walked so much lately :)

daffy said...

Well I did click for big ones but they were not the big ones I was hoping for!
I love these... I've got one as my wallpaper on my home pc. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love that second picture!

Anonymous said...

awwww sweet (see - I told you I was going to do that)

PJB - I love that one too - there's something about it that gets your attention (I like them all though - the first one is kinda cool with the babies going "come on, we know where we're going" )

Daffy - (chuckles) @ big ones (and ponders whatever it could have been you were expecting)

I've not had any duckling, gosling, or cygnet activity on the canal yet - although the ducks are doing their teenage "aw go on, I promise you I'm from good breeding stock" so I'm sure it's only a matter of time... fingers crossed.

TTFN

Sage said...

Walking is very therapeutic, and good for the body if not also the soul. Nice that you have warmer weather in which to enjoy your walks and the local wildlife. Love the gooselets, and the bigger parents, they do look so cute (definitely cute compared to the scraggly type baby birds such as parrots) {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

awww!

smidge said...

Gorgeous pictures hon., I find stomping around more therapeutic than walking personally ;)

Daisy said...

Ah, the little chicks are very adorable!

Kitty said...

Awwww ... so cute! x

Silverback said...

Very cute and great photos. No.2 looks like one of those cartoon birds that come out of a tumble dryer !!

John W said...

I find one is better allowed to sleep in public places if there is an old gin bottle in your lap and a Tesco bag filled with rumpled old clothes by your side.