Sunday, 1 February 2009

Just maybe....

.....this time the forecasters have got it right and the predicted significant snowfall may actually materialise! I am waiting with breath suitably bated, the temperature is good, the pressure is good, the wind is picking up and the clouds are forming suitably.

Midday is the approximated time for the commencement of the first 'delivery', I've been chart watching for days (yes, I know that's a little suspect) and unusually, those who purport to know about this stuff appear to be pretty close to the mark for once. Everything is set, it's all looking good to go!

So, whilst I get back to charts and gazing out of the window for the first flake I'll leave you with a probability chart and a few words on the snow subject courtesy of one of my favourite shows, Northern Exposure.

"Oh the snow the beautiful snow filling the sky and earth below. Over the house tops and over the streets, over the heads of people you meet. Dancing flirting skimming along. Oh the snow the beautiful snow how the flakes gather and laugh as they go. Whirling about in their maddening fun it plays in its glee with everyone. Chasing laughing hurrying by it lights on the face and sparkles the eye. And even the dogs with a bark and a bound snap at the crystals that eddy around. The town is alive and its heart in a glow to welcome the coming of beautiful snow. Bon Hiver."

*UPDATE - Bang on midday and the first few flakes have started to fall! :o)

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... welcome to Cicley Alaska... Moose!!!!!

Jennytc said...

Sorry - I'm not convinced! And I am hoping that it does not extend as far as north east Wales. :)

Kitty said...

The traditional British reserve prevents me from making the observation that 'you're a batty snow-obsessed loon' and instead leads me to the comment that 'you realise you may be a teeny bit overkeen on the prospect of a spot of snow' ;)

gemmak said...

Fletch: It's Maggie not the moose! ;o)

Jennyta: Bah humbug! ;o) heh.

Kitty: LOL...I kinds prefer the 'batty loon' description, bugger the British reserve. As I recall the last time I saw snow was the day I called in for coffee with you!

Anonymous said...

Love snow, i havent had a chance to get the now boots and winter coat out this year, its been surprisingly mild in Scotland!

Anonymous said...

NO SNOW NO SNOW NO SNOW NO SNOW.
.
.
Damn it!
It's snowing!

Daisy said...

Maybe you can make a Snowman!

WendyCarole said...

I hope you are lucky. Its looking less and less likely it will reach here (West Yorks)

Anonymous said...

I do love snow and I couldn't ever imagine having a Christmas without it.

And props for mentions 'Northern Exposure'. That is some good television!