You know, the aspect of this job hunting malarkey that most annoys the hell out of me is the propensity that many prospective employers appear to have for not even acknowledging the fact that you took the trouble to apply for their damn job!
It drives me nuts!
I am well aware that in the current climate many vacancies probably attract a larger than usual number of applications and that time is at a premium but I don't expect an individual, hand penned letter in copperplate for goodness sake, just a run of the mill template two liner would be nice! All I want to know, at least in the first instance, is that my application has reached it's destination. What I don't want is to be left dangling on a piece of endless string wondering and just not knowing!
Is that really asking too much?
We, the unemployed masses, are expected to adhere to umpteen protocols and rules of engagement when we submit an application, we spend hours filling in forms, writing and re-writing C.V's, checking content, checking grammar, checking spelling, using the desired colour ink, dotting every 'I' and crossing every 'T' until we are boss-eyed and then we rush to the post box clutching our hopes in our hand......and then what? Damn bloody all is what, not a dickie bird!
It is reminiscent to me of some among our politicians who too often expect us to 'do as they say not as they do' and who while expecting us to behave with a certain degree of moral fibre and respect for others, then go their own merry way, showing little or no adherence to their own rules!
Is it not just a common courtesy to offer at least an acknowledgement of receipt or am I being naive? I am well aware we are currently in an 'employers market' situation at the moment but come on guys, if I am expected to make the effort and operate within accepted levels of manners and disciplines could you not do the same??
Did I mention it drives me nuts?!
Wednesday, 25 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 Comments:
I know what you mean, it is annoying! It wouldn't take long to send out an automated reply to anyone who didn't get the job. I also find it infuriating when the job isn't advertised properly, so you phone to ask for more info only to find it isn't what you thought.
Or the job doesn't even exist and the agency in question just wants to build a CV database to sell on..
Keep your chin up hun, things will work out ; )
Laters
Nicey
Maybe you could start chasing them up via email...
A little bit of common courtesy from the employers would be nice!
I hate job hunting. This just reminds me that no matter how much I hate my job, I'm quite lucky to have it.
They don't even read them here in the colonies. They pretty much force on-line application, then they scan them for key words.
Post a Comment