Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Allow me....

....a few moments reflection on a dull and dismal February morning and the memory of one of the most amazing times in my life!

These few pictures probably mean very little alone but for me they embody a time of hope, promise, excitement and a second chance at life, of a feeling of finally getting to a place in life I had striven for, of courage, of trust and of one of those all too rare times in life when everything in the world feels right and good!

I couldn't at the time blog the details and I can't now but the location was Andalucia, I had the time of my life and like I say, on a dull and dismal February morning just the pictures alone do my heart good! :o)




13 Comments:

Anonymous said...

:D I know where that is!

gemmak said...

PJB: Lol..thought you might ;o)

Sage said...

My heart lies low at the moment, but I will look through the pictures of the last 12 months I had with SOH and treasure them. There were more good times than there were ever bad ones; its only now I am in the shadows.

Anonymous said...

Aw, it's nice when you can travel off somewhere with the help of a photo, triggering a memory.
That first photo has me singing in my head...
High on a hill was a lonely goatherd Yodalayhee - yodaLay-ee-Yodl-lay-ee-heeeeee!

gemmak said...

Sage: Do it, it helps :o)

Daffy: Lol..since when did they yodel in Andalucia! heh ;o)

Unknown said...

Just what I needed, thank you!
Can't see out my windows today, snow covered.
Needed that boost of colour:o)
Sue-Que

Anonymous said...

Since the goatherder got sozzled on Sangria?? ;o)

Nicey said...

Hey I know exactly where your coming from, a second chance at life !!!
Nice pictures hun,.....
Laters

Nicey

Silverback said...

When photos are more than just snaps and help recall wonderful, meaningful memories, then it's great to have the modern ability to look at them again so easily - and share them with the world.

You can retain the specific memories and we can enjoy them simply as lovely photos of a warm and inviting place. Knowing they mean so much to you, helps us enjoy them ever more.

Reflect away to your heart's content.

Daisy said...

Gosh, it looks very beautiful there!

Lisa said...

That was your first plane ride, wasn't it? (sorry if you already said that) :)

Anonymous said...

Each picture worth a thousand words!

Anonymous said...

:(

That's about all I can say about those gorgeous photos; alas, I am stuck here in the middle of a late, Winter snow storm.