Tuesday, 17 February 2009

Hobble, shuffle, grumble!

To my dismay it appears I have shingles...or at least the quack thinks it's likely to be shingles, though I have no nasty, painful rash....yet. I have that to look forward too maybe.

In my ignorance I thought that the shingly thing always presented with a rash of painful blisters and always on the torso or head, but apparently not. I have it down the entire length of my left thigh and I can only hope, that as the doctor suggested might be the case, I only have it mildly, because if this is mild I don't look forward to the full blown version. It hurts and I'm already shuffling and hobbling around like an old bint.

I have another few days to wait and see if the rash appears, if not then it may be something else, the name of which I have already forgotten but either way, no rash means no meds, I just have to let nature take it's merry course!

Joy.

7 Comments:

Sage said...

{{hugs}} poor you, sorry you are not having such a good time, take it easy, rest and let Fletch look after you.

Anonymous said...

:( hope it gets better!

Anonymous said...

definitely time for you to hibernate!

Donna said...

OUCH!!!! I Know that must be painful! My sister had it!hughugs

Daisy said...

Oh noes! That can be very hurty. I hope you get all better soon.

Kitty said...

Oooh, I had that - ouch! for what it's worth, I felt better once the spots had appeared! Get well soon. x

Anonymous said...

Oh yuk. Hope you're over it pretty quickly. xxx